Folder art problem....file structure wrong?
Before anyone says it.... yes there are similar posts but none actually solve my problem, so here goes.

LEVEL 1 All stored on D drive
LEVEL 2 Folder "FILMS & VIDEOS"
LEVEL 3 Six Sub Folders within last (say A B C D E F)
LEVEL 4 'A' contains further folder with each film in it and is named the film name and folder.jpg
LEVEL 5 FILMNAME.avi and folder.jpg
LEVEL 4 B C D E and F all follow same protocol each containing many folders

>> Clear as mud Huh? <<

My issue is that at Level 3 only 2 folders show that folderart. Each of ABCDEF contain a folder.jpg.

I have re installed deleted database deleted cache deleted thubms etc updated svn all making no difference. I have added new images files re named image films to folder.tbn yet still cant fix it as it shows a black folder instead.

finally when i select videos from the home page i get a further menu which shows the source (Films and Videos folder) and an add video plug in option when I want the action of selecting videos in the home screen it goes straight to the films and videos folder so that the display with show ABCDEF
Is this possible?? I assume (lol) its just a case of deleting a step in the process but Im no coding expert
Library has nothing to do with it, as at that level they'll only show in files view.

If they're not showing, it's probably because the folder.jpg files aren't readable - are these files shared over smb?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

smbHuh? wtf can u please explain?

As i dont know what smb I assume they are not shared over this lol

I think I have fixed some of the issues as when i looked at the image files in each of ABCDEF the problem ones had jpg files named "folder.jpg", when browed using cmd window they appeared as " folder.jpg" with a jpg extension. I renamed them to "folder" and hey presto all sorted.

The only gripe now is that at the foot of my initial post regarding 'skipping' an option when wishing to enter pics, vids or music IE not having to select the source once I have selected either to openpics vids or music.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder art problem....file structure wrong?0