Changes to NFO file format! ALL DEVELOPERS OF THIRD-PARTY MEDIA MANAGERS PLEASE READ!
Information 
hi guys,

i'm sorry that i have to do this to all of you, but it was necessary as the current state was just embarrassing Smile

please mind http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/21882

i opted to not keep the old loading code as this would never die. one clean, painful cut Smile
now if we can just get the ability for loading of fanart link info from the nfo my world is complete Big Grin
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

Update the NFO "samples" in the wiki!
what do you mean nicezia? we can surely load fanart url info from nfo files.
althekiller Wrote:Update the NFO "samples" in the wiki!

done your holy-exclamation-sign-ness Wink
Quick question

If i'm processing an invalid xml file (i.e. one with the imdb string at the end) I can't deserialize it or process it as valid xml

Using a simple regex <thumb>(.*?)</thumb> will load thumbs from actor elements as well as the ones we want to process

I can think of a few ways to clean up the data, the easiest is if the thumb for non actor data must be in the file prior to an <actor> tag. (or strip out all actor info, or attempt to reform the xml, or do a lookaround for actor).

is there an order in which thumb must be listed in the .nfo file?
( i.e. thumb listed before actor information)
no order requirements - standard xml rules. if you read c++, you can see CVideoDatabase::UpdateOldversion() v29->30 - that's how i did it.

if you do music (haven't checked lately) it's v13->14
Note that the (video)database update didn't appear to hit SVN?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

arr!
Just read this thread, thanks for the update spiff, it's appreciated, handling thumbs like that was a bit of a headache.
Homepage for XBMC Media Companion, and XBMC-DB - seperate nfo files http://www.billyad2000.co.uk
Forums for XBMC Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/
spiff Wrote:what do you mean nicezia? we can surely load fanart url info from nfo files.

meaning there's no call to check for multiple fanarts stored locally (the system only checks for one local fanart, rather than being able to specify multiple, tried making a patch to rectify that, but following the code was a little difficult for me, and it seems if the url is non-existant, it has some function to fill it in... though i can't figure out how to change that to make is so if the url is empty it uses the folderpath of the movie to fill in the url

as i posted quite some time ago, i like storage of all my info pertinent to the given movie in the folder next to the file(still trying to figure out how to pull that off with actor images).. the internet is good to aquire info, but sometimes i take my portable drives to a friends and i like to have it all with the movie, and i hate having to do the same things over and over again
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

I'd like that as well as I store my each movie info in it's own folder.

But it's no show stopperBig Grin
Path question

If the movie is stored at folder level, and contains a VIDEO_TS folder, does the .actors folder go into the root movie folder, or under the VIDEO_TS folder?

Example
d:\media\movies\The Dark Knight\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB ...etc...

so
d:\media\movies\The Dark Knight\.actors
OR
d:\media\movies\The Dark Knight\VIDEO_TS\.actors

Thanks!
- fekker
Looking in my files it goes in d:\media\movies\The Dark Knight\VIDEO_TS\.actors

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to NFO file format! ALL DEVELOPERS OF THIRD-PARTY MEDIA MANAGERS PLEASE READ!1