Using DVD cover thumbnails on XBOX
Just installed mediastream skin on my softmodded xbox. I really like how you can have the movies scroll left to right as thumbnails to pick your movie.

By default the thumb is a box with a crossed out circle that says "no thumbnail"

How do i assign a certain thumbnail to a particular movie?? Such as that movies DVD Box Art?

Ive tried putting a picture with the same filename as the movie in question, but it doesnt work .jpg - or .png etc...
They need to be named movie.tbn
If you have all your movies stored in a single folder, then name them moviename.tbn

Here's more info

edit - you might also want to read up on scrapers here
That is exactly what I needed. XBMC just became that much cooler.

Do you happen to know how to supply info for the movies as well? Like in the view mode where it shows you the thumbnail and a description. How do I set the description?

Thank you so very much!! Nod
To supply info for movies, check out the scrapers that Aenima99x pointed out or make your own descriptions using nfo files. The scrapers are much more automated and pull info from imdb or whatever scraper you set as default. However, if you don't have internet access and can't use the scrapers, then you need to put nfo files with your movies to get information.

There are several media managers programs that will make the nfo files for you such as Media Companion Gen 2 and Ember Media Manager
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using DVD cover thumbnails on XBOX0