[MAC] XBMC for Mac on PPC (PowerPC) crashes playing OGM videos with OGG Vorbis audio
Hi everyone.

I'm trying out the PowerPC build for XBMC and am having consistent crashes every time I play the majority of my videos. I have confirmed that these videos do play on other versions of XBMC. Here are all of my details.

PowerMac Dual Proc G4 Sawtooth
Dual 1.2 GHZ Sonnet CPU upgrade
ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB VRAM
OS X 10.5.7
DMG Install Method
XBMC 9.04.1 R20686M

Type of media: OGM Container. DIV3 video codec. Vorb Audio codec
Problem: Crash
Steps to reproduce: play the video

Crash log: http://pastie.org/561472
xbmc.log: http://pastie.org/561476
Console log: http://pastie.org/561477

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
This isn't going to be a whole lot of help -- but I tried for nearly a week to use the PPC version with lots of problems. Mods & Devs here have been VERY helpful, and I suggest you work with them. Only with OUR help will a PPC version eventually work. But if you want to do more watching than debugging, for now it's gonna be hard and you should if you can consider a Mac intel box -- which works much more smoothly at the present time.
ctawn Wrote:This isn't going to be a whole lot of help -- but I tried for nearly a week to use the PPC version with lots of problems. Mods & Devs here have been VERY helpful, and I suggest you work with them. Only with OUR help will a PPC version eventually work. But if you want to do more watching than debugging, for now it's gonna be hard and you should if you can consider a Mac intel box -- which works much more smoothly at the present time.
Thanks for the reply. Pardon the ignorance but what do you mean by Mods & Devs. If you mean moderators and developers how do I work with them? I'd love to contribute and help where I can. I'm all for keep these old PowerPC macs useful and XBMC is a great way to do it.
The PPC build is still quite new Big Grin
It works well on my Mac mini G4, at least for the files I use ;-)
But there are indeed still a few codecs with endian issue.
I just added FLAC audio support last week.

If you could send me a short sample of the file, that would be nice.
How you build the XBMC? I'm having some troubles doing this, you use the SVN? Are you using Mac Ports?
elalecs Wrote:How you build the XBMC? I'm having some troubles doing this, you use the SVN? Are you using Mac Ports?

Yes and yes.
If you want to build XBMC on Mac, just follow the README.osx

According to your recent posts, you want to build on PS3...
As you have already been told, this is unsupported.
To compile on an unsupported platform, you need to know what you are doing and you need to be able to investigate by yourself.

Anyway, even if you want to build for Mac, this has nothing to do with this thread!
Please don't hijack threads!!
Beenje Wrote:The PPC build is still quite new Big Grin
It works well on my Mac mini G4, at least for the files I use ;-)
But there are indeed still a few codecs with endian issue.
I just added FLAC audio support last week.

If you could send me a short sample of the file, that would be nice.
Thanks for the information, Beenje. I'll upload the video somewhere and PM you the link. I don't have the know-how to be of much help fixing bugs, but I'd be more than happy to find and report them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMC for Mac on PPC (PowerPC) crashes playing OGM videos with OGG Vorbis audio0