Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?
OMG.... I spent few hours before finally realising why it doesn't work for me... Confused

advancedsettings.xml file should be placed in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

NOT in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Not sure why both directories exist when I got only Helix installed - but well... 4 hours of hitting the wall with my head - and problem solved... Rofl
There are at least two things which are not really the best about the method described in this thread.

1. Haven't seen this - but someone mentioned that if there are too many episodes on one disc - there are some problems
2. When you select watched flag - all episodes from disk are being selected - which is a bit annoying

This happens when I had directory called like this:

Code:
D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1E2E3E4

I solved the problem for issue 2 - and I believe it will solve also issue 1 problem...

The idea is to use junction/symbolic links.

First I renamed my directory to:

Code:
D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1

Then I made one junction per episode pointing to the location of DVD files:

Code:
mklink /j "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E2" "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1"
mklink /j "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E3" "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1"
mklink /j "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E4" "D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1"

When listing directory contents it shows now:

Code:
Directory of D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1

28/02/2015  00:28    <DIR>          .
28/02/2015  00:28    <DIR>          ..
28/02/2015  00:28    <DIR>          S1E1
28/02/2015  00:25    <JUNCTION>     S1E2 [D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1]
28/02/2015  00:28    <JUNCTION>     S1E3 [D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1]
28/02/2015  00:28    <JUNCTION>     S1E4 [D:\tv.test\JAG\Season 1\S1E1]

After updating library in Kodi - I can see 4 episodes - each one start of course the same DVD files.
But I can now mark "watched" flag for each of them separately.
And I am quite sure that If I would have 20 episodes on the same disk - 20 links would work just like my 3 above.

Cool
can anyone tell me exactly where this file should be placed in OpenElec?

i am hoping that i have it placed wrong cause i have tried everything and can't get this to work
This is fixed in isengard:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7019
No more custom regex to match bluray or dvd folders
(2015-05-24, 01:04)phate89 Wrote: This is fixed in isengard:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7019
No more custom regex to match bluray or dvd folders

Jep, thanks! Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Success getting TV Scraper to work for DVD Folders. (TV DVDs ripped to DVD Folders)!
All I had to end up doing was to remove the '\Season #\' type folder from the file structure.
e.g. was \TV from DVDs\I Dream of Jeannie\Season 1\I Dream of Jeannie_S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08\<usual DVD folders>
now: \TV from DVDs\I Dream of Jeannie\I Dream of Jeannie_S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08\<usual DVD folders>
Episode lists, titles, etc. appear! Else all works as others describe.
Makes sense now ... 'season' is built into the folder name anyway, and I see that KODI GUI organizes by Season anyway!
I spent more time than I want to admit trying to make this work! Now I can get busy renaming TV DVD Folders and complete conversion to KODI!
No more need for WMC, and can upgrade to Windows 10. Whew!
(2015-11-14, 03:32)janthonyii Wrote: Success getting TV Scraper to work for DVD Folders. (TV DVDs ripped to DVD Folders)!
All I had to end up doing was to remove the '\Season #\' type folder from the file structure.
e.g. was \TV from DVDs\I Dream of Jeannie\Season 1\I Dream of Jeannie_S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08\<usual DVD folders>
now: \TV from DVDs\I Dream of Jeannie\I Dream of Jeannie_S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08\<usual DVD folders>
Episode lists, titles, etc. appear! Else all works as others describe.
Makes sense now ... 'season' is built into the folder name anyway, and I see that KODI GUI organizes by Season anyway!
I spent more time than I want to admit trying to make this work! Now I can get busy renaming TV DVD Folders and complete conversion to KODI!
No more need for WMC, and can upgrade to Windows 10. Whew!

Thank you for taking the time to come and post your solution. I have read the Wikis and other online resources and could not get this to work. Your solution is great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?1