Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?
It looks like this topic is dead. However, I read all treads mentioning VIDEO_TS libray format, I follow all the instructions and tips and still can not make it work. Issue is only with TV Show content. I also added advancesetting.xml per forum sugestion
My folder structre is as follow
TV SHOW <folder>
Battlestar Galactica (2003) <Folder>
s1e1e2e3e4 <Folder>
VIDEO_TS <Folder> (All .vob, inf files are in this folder)
s1e5e6e7e8 <folder>

etc...

How do you guys make it work. Please help.
You might need to zero-pad those folder names.

Instead of s1e1e2e3e4, try s01e01e02e03e04.

Not sure if there is actually a way to get TV show DVD discs into the TV show library (other than scanning them as movies and then linking them to the TV show), but if there is, then changing the folder names like this might make it work.
You need the zero's in there as last post states. I would also put a Season 01 folder in there also.

TV SHOW <folder>
|-----Battlestar Galactica (2003) <Folder>
------|-----Season 01 <Folder>
------------|-----s01e01e02e03e04 <Folder>
-----------------|-----VIDEO_TS <Folder> (All .vob, inf files are in this folder)

They should scan just fine then. At least, that is how mine are done. If not, we need to look at your advancedsettings.xml for this.
I got the multipart episode scraping (for TV shows) to work with DVD VIDEO_TS files with the following setup (split up into "Folder structure" and "Advanced settings"):

1. Folder structure (I'm taking TV Show 24 as an example):

Season 1
[INDENT]24.S1E1E2E3E4
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]24.S1E5E6E7E8
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
Season 2
[INDENT]24.S02.E01E02E03E04
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

- "S01" or "S1" doesn't seem to matter, both seasons work.
- The "VIDEO_TS" folder isn't required.

2. Advanced settings
The scraper can't see VIDEO_TS for TV shows by default, that's why you need to take the following steps:

a. Create a new file (with notepad): "advancedsettings.xml" (make sure there's no ".txt" after the .xml). This file should be saved here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

b. Paste the following code in this .xml file:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
  <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

3. Startup XBMC, add a new source and set content as "TV show". Click "Run automated scan" and wait a few minutes, depending on the amount of episodes.

Above works fine for me. If you have any questions don't mind asking.

Cheers, Bart
Tagging this so I can find it later. Thanks for the info Bart.
The modification in advancedsettings.xml works for me too in xbmc.

But has anybody made this work in sickbeard ?
Sickbeard doesn't recognize this episodes (in video_ts folders) when adding or re-scanning an existing TV show.
How do you handle episode mapping ? When you select an episode in xbmc, does it jump directly to episode or do you get in the root menu of DVD ?

Regards
it jumps to the root menu of the dvd. For every episode that's on the dvd.
Hi there,
XBMC, latest nighly build from 15.10.11 ( but same is valid for the 10.1 version ) in addition the setting for the DVD folder structure.
Directory structure is :
-- 24 Season 01
----- 24 S01E01E02E03E04
etc.
for some shows the scan result seems to be perfect ( 24, x - files )
for some shows ( Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad )
the amount of episodes are displayed correctly and also the entries in the submenues added correctly, BUT without Episode titels, just empty strings
Any ideas pretty much welcome
Best Regards
Linus

Settings for the advancedsetting.xml :
<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
So I've attached the advancedsettings.xml code to my advanced settings file in /home/name/.xbmc/userdata. I am doing this through Winscp to my R3700 running xbmc live. It already had an advancedsettings.xml file so I just opened it up and attached the line of code to the bottom.

Some shows are reading but when I select the show, the file is empty in library mode.

The files are stored as follows:

/media/Drobo/TV/TVname/Series#/TVname.s01e02e03/VIDEO_TS (which contains the files)

For ISO files i have the following:

/media/Drobo/TV/TVname/TVname_s01e01e02.iso

Am I doing anything wrong?

How do I know that the way in which I put in the advancedsettings code is working correctly?
hello,

why not just convert all those DVDs to mkv with h264? seperate episodes, seperate files?
the reason i'm suggesting this,

in my case,

i use several media players. i use xbmc, plex, popcornhour and boxee.

it's more difficult to me to stick to a workaround which works only with xbmc, so that's why im planning to convert all the dvds to mkv.

feedbacks are welcome Smile
Does this process work with blu-ray folders? Anyone have any luck?
(2012-08-29, 00:10)twinpeaks Wrote: Does this process work with blu-ray folders? Anyone have any luck?
the easy way is to just pick out the largest .m2ts files and rename them as S#E# and delete everything else, but this would also mean you won't have any menus
if you're running frodo then you might wan't the menus but that is kind of tricky since it sees pritty much everything as an episode in those folders, when it just needs to find the file called index.bdmv
to remove the broken duplicates you proberbly need something like this
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>(^\d+$.mpls)?</regexp>
<regexp>(^\d+$.m2ts)?</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
and something more for the other bdmv files that also pop up
i don't have any experince regEX before today so i'm hoping someone will complete the code

*this code won't work infact it will mess up the ealier mentioned system, not sure why
After spending weeks going through the wiki and searching the forums I have to give you a hearty thanks for solving this issue for me.

I think one of the earlier examples of advancedsettings.xml forgot to include <advancedsettings> and I believe that may have been the crux of my problem and maybe for others as well.

I now have episodes showing up for for all series EXCEPT for "The Big Bang Theory". It has the same layout as the rest but for some reason it just won't scrape. Is there a limit on how many spaces can be in the title? This seems to be possibly the longest title I have.

Anyway, Bart, thank you for making this a bit clearer for me.

(2011-06-29, 23:58)bartjeeeh Wrote: I got the multipart episode scraping (for TV shows) to work with DVD VIDEO_TS files with the following setup (split up into "Folder structure" and "Advanced settings"):

1. Folder structure (I'm taking TV Show 24 as an example):

Season 1
[INDENT]24.S1E1E2E3E4
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]24.S1E5E6E7E8
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
Season 2
[INDENT]24.S02.E01E02E03E04
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]VIDEO_TS
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

- "S01" or "S1" doesn't seem to matter, both seasons work.
- The "VIDEO_TS" folder isn't required.

2. Advanced settings
The scraper can't see VIDEO_TS for TV shows by default, that's why you need to take the following steps:

a. Create a new file (with notepad): "advancedsettings.xml" (make sure there's no ".txt" after the .xml). This file should be saved here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

b. Paste the following code in this .xml file:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

3. Startup XBMC, add a new source and set content as "TV show". Click "Run automated scan" and wait a few minutes, depending on the amount of episodes.

Above works fine for me. If you have any questions don't mind asking.

Cheers, Bart
Hi, Guys,

I did this in frodo (android) to solving this issue. But now, before update to Gotham Beta 1, stopped to work. But what happens? advancedsettings.xml is not used more or we have to put it in other place or <tvshowmatching> is not used more?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?1