[REQUEST] GitHub download/update plugin or script?
Is there a plugin/script for xbmc that can tell git to do things like update? Just need it to keep to to date with hitchers mods, or can git be setup to do this by its self? im using linux.
EMK0 Wrote:Is there a plugin/script for xbmc that can tell git to do things like update? Just need it to keep to to date with hitchers mods, or can git be setup to do this by its self? im using linux.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you add the RSS feed? That would allow you to know when there's an update at least. Auto update would be pretty cool though.
Blindly updating a live repo without reading the changelog is bound to cause problems every now and then.

That said, 'git pull path' in a cron job should do the trick.

TheUni
or os.popen('git pull path') from python if you want to do a script yourself...
spiff Wrote:or os.popen('git pull path') from python if you want to do a script yourself...
popen is (or was) broken inside of xbmc last I checked, but os.system worked.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] GitHub download/update plugin or script?0