font 4:3 on crt tv
I still don't see things sharp with arial 4:3 .Which by the way i made the changes and gave it to you.

I made a new one I made everything that was below 24 to 24 and put bold style on on Arial (4x3).
This of course gave some problem on the left side and still I can't read the rss feeds proper on the home window.How can I see when i edit things in font.xml <name>font(number)</name> what will be changed?Because know I edit things but I don't know exactly what is changed.

I really like to use the lettertype FrancophilSans.ttf used in default font pm3.
Is this possible or can you make this possible?
That was the best readable font and look for those screen.

In the font.xml (download here) I change the Arial (4x3) to Arial Bold (4x3).
I don't know how to put an extra font in font.xml.
I am still not happy about this so I wouldn't use this yet on a release.
And I also prefer to use FrancophilSans.ttf instead.
If you want to use a different font, first copy the font to the Transparency!/fonts directory.

I've created a Font.xml file for you with a new section for FrancophilSans.ttf : Font.xml

If you change something in Font.xml it will affect the skin in many places.
There's no easy way to find out what you're doing when changing things...you'll have to browse through all of the .xml files in the 720p directory to find out where the several font sizes are used.

Here's a few examples, the fontsize for the RSS feed is in Home.xml (at the bottom):
Code:
<control type="rss">
    <description>rss feed</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>29r</posy>
    <width>1100</width>
    [b]<font>font-20</font>[/b]
    <urlset>1</urlset>
    <textcolor>blue</textcolor>
    <titlecolor>blue</titlecolor>
    <headlinecolor>white</headlinecolor>
    <visible>system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds)</visible>
    <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
</control>

the font used for the buttons on the side menu is in Includes.xml:
Code:
<include name="ButtonCommonValues">
    <height>47</height>
    [b]<font>font-19</font>[/b]
    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <focusedcolor>blue</focusedcolor>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <align>left</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <textoffsetx>10</textoffsetx>
    <texturefocus border="2">Button_Side_Focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus border="2">Button_Side_NoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
    <pulseonselect>true</pulseonselect>
    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)">ButtonCommonValuesNormal</include>
    <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)">ButtonCommonValuesWide</include>
</include>

Let me know if there's any more questions.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You can't simply change everything in FrancophilSans.ttf.The result is that every text becomes blank on screen.I forgot to mention this .I guess there needs to be something else also change to make this work.Don't know what.
tikkiew Wrote:You can't simply change everything in FrancophilSans.ttf.The result is that every text becomes blank on screen.I forgot to mention this .I guess there needs to be something else also change to make this work.Don't know what.

well, yes you can and it works for me.
i copied the FrancophilSans.ttf font from Project Mayhem III to the Transparency! fonts directory, put the Font.xml (from the link i gave you) in the 720p folder and selected the font in Settings.

no problem at all.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I didn't understood that I had to to put the file FrancophilSans.ttf in font directory.I am going to try things out and when I am satisfied I will share to you the result.
tikkiew Wrote:I didn't understood that I had to to put the file FrancophilSans.ttf in font directory.I am going to try things out and when I am satisfied I will share to you the result.

glad you figured it out :-)
and thanx again for willing to share your custom font sizes.
i think there's still a fair amount of people using 4x3 screens,
so i'm sure your work is very much appreciated!
Now i put everything to bold <style>bold</style>
But I want something between normal and bold.
Do you know if this possible to change the font weight?
nope, there's no option for that.
maybe you can play with the <aspect> setting,
it will either stretch or compress the width of the font.

[HTML]<font>
<name>font-20</name>
<filename>teen-normal.ttf</filename>
<size>20</size>
<aspect>1.2</aspect>
</font>[/HTML]
I am finished . download here
I tried lost of fonts but arial and default are the best looking Smile
changing aspect helped a lot, thanks for the hint,.But I still think it would be better looking to be able change font weight between bold and normal.Is that something I can request somewhere?

And i changed rss feed in home.xml to rss font-23 instead of font-20.
also I wonder if you can make this view bigger or make it fit so the letter will scroll instead of going out of background line.Maybe the rss and this view for an xbox version of Transparency! ?Cause this isn't necessary for probably other systems and TV's.
tikkiew Wrote:I am finished . download here

thanx for all the work tikkiew. i'll include it in the next version.

tikkiew Wrote:I tried lost of fonts but arial and default are the best looking Smile
changing aspect helped a lot, thanks for the hint,.But I still think it would be better looking to be able change font weight between bold and normal.Is that something I can request somewhere?

well there's a separate request section, so i guess you should try there:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

tikkiew Wrote:And i changed rss feed in home.xml to rss font-23 instead of font-20. also I wonder if you can make this view bigger or make it fit so the letter will scroll instead of going out of background line.Maybe the rss and this view for an xbox version of Transparency! ?Cause this isn't necessary for probably other systems and TV's.

Transparency! (or better, PM3.HD) wasn't designed for 4x3 screens, so it won't look good on those screens even if you enlarge the font.
however all of the things you've mentioned can be fixed, it's just a matter of modifying some of the xml files.

if someone is willing to code and maintain a 4x3 version of the skin, i'd be happy to include it in Transparency!
ronie Wrote:Transparency! (or better, PM3.HD) wasn't designed for 4x3 screens, so it won't look good on those screens even if you enlarge the font.
however all of the things you've mentioned can be fixed, it's just a matter of modifying some of the xml files.

if someone is willing to code and maintain a 4x3 version of the skin, i'd be happy to include it in Transparency!

I must say Transparency! look good with the font I just made on my 4x3 screen .It looks not at all as the screenshot,But somehow the screenshot looks different than the actually screen. .A couple of things need to be wider or scroll so it would fit probably and look smoother on 4x3.I will make a post at what need to be change.It would be wonderful if someone would pick this up.
tikkiew Wrote:I must say Transparency! look good with the font I just made on my 4x3 screen .It looks not at all as the screenshot,But somehow the screenshot looks different than the actually screen. .A couple of things need to be wider or scroll so it would fit probably and look smoother on 4x3.I will make a post at what need to be change.It would be wonderful if someone would pick this up.

please do!
thanx again !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
font 4:3 on crt tv0