TV Show Recognition
Hello,

I'm quite new to xbmc, so please excuse me if I say something stupid. I recently ripped a season of a TV Show to my computer in folder format, and I am now struggling to get Aeon to recognize the individual episodes. I believe this is because they are not in .avi format, but my initial reason for ripping the DVDs to my computer is so that I can back up the discs that I have, including all of the special features and menus. Is there any way I can get Aeon to work with this format?

Thanks,
Umbrafire
Hi and welcome to the forums,
but please do some research before posting. This is not a skin issue, you are using xbmc and not Aeon. Please read the documentation on the main page on how to use the video library, and if you then still have problems, get a debug log (see my signature) and post that to pastebin. That way we get at least some info that could maybe help you, because you missed specifying about everything important (what os, xbmc version etc.).

edit:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My apologies.

I have already read the documentation, and it seems to all use .avi format for its examples. I am using Windows Vista 64-bit, and running Auriga. Here is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/m5eac1a6f

Once again, sorry for my ignorance.
Your files are in VIDEO_TS.IFO format, which is certainly not recommended for tv shows.

You may be able to get it working by naming the folder in which the VIDEO_TS.IFO file resides something like: s01e01e02e03e04/, and then adding regexps to advancedsettings.xml so that it looks for s01e01 in the folder name (the defaults only look in the filename).

The best way to rip your TV shows is to individual episodes (single .VOB is fine).

The next best bet is ripping the entire disk to a single ISO file. Then you can name them as you will, as you're not tied to the VIDEO_TS.IFO filename requirement of the DVD format.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the help. I've been busy lately, but I'll give this a try as soon as I can.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Recognition0