Tool for XBMC library
Is there a tool that is using the XBMC library directly?
Like suppose I want to re-scan movies I want from IMDB, it's very inconvenient to do it via XBMC, much easier to do it with an external app.
There are too many of these tools, didn't bother searching this forum first, eh? Perhaps you could elaborate on what is inconvenient about clicking "scan for new content" or "update library" then waiting for it to complete?
I think he means do any of these external tools update the library directly, instead of just spitting out nfos...
I'd like to find a scraper that'll scan my movies all at once and permanently dump a jpeg image and info in its folder automaticly cause xbmc scrapes and grabs about 80% of them but stores them in a database and i cannot share that across the separate pc's and when i open the movie folders i don't see any of that information in explorer

i did try media info plus but it won't even see my drives which is weird so i've givin up on that app

any other suggestions

can i get the xbmc scraper to write that info directly to the folders where the info is stored instead of a database if this makes any sense
settings>videos>library>export

or something like that. have a look around.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
tzvikaz Wrote:Is there a tool that is using the XBMC library directly?
Like suppose I want to re-scan movies I want from IMDB, it's very inconvenient to do it via XBMC, much easier to do it with an external app.

i THINK Ember media manager is working towards this? At least that's the impression I got
One of the goals of the Universal Media Companion (UMC) project is to tie in directly to XBMC's database as well as the image cache for items. It's still in the early stages, but please do put in any feature requests that you have on sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i...id=1150556

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tool for XBMC library0