• 11(current)
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X
jonathan18 Wrote:Thanks for your reply.
Do you mean of XBMC and/or the relevant devices and/or activities on the Harmony?
Mine's a Mac Mini rather than an Apple TV, so I wonder if the controls etc are different? I've installed the Plex Player device as per this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=379003&postcount=1 - as mentioned, everything but the FF/RW buttons are working fine. I'm sure someone out there knows exactly where my problem lies!

Sorry, yes, I meant XBMC, backup the entire folder and reinstall XBMC from scratch, once installed, copy over your Database and Thumbnails folders and the sources.xml file, it will save you a lot of time.

As for the MacMini, I can't help you there Sad other than mention this http://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/ and this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60426

By the way, it would be helpful it if created a signature for your forum posts similar to mine that says what system you are running

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
I have set up my Harmony One according to the instructions at the beginning of this thread and all is fine, thank you, except...

When I select the XBMC activity on the Harmony, my TV switches on but Front Row is launched on it instead of XBMC. I would prefer that no application is launched and I started XBMC from my Mac and quit from within the program.

Is this possible please?
nashmills Wrote:I have set up my Harmony One according to the instructions at the beginning of this thread and all is fine, thank you, except...

When I select the XBMC activity on the Harmony, my TV switches on but Front Row is launched on it instead of XBMC. I would prefer that no application is launched and I started XBMC from my Mac and quit from within the program.

Is this possible please?

In the Harmony software, under Activities, AppleTV, tell it to NOT set AppleTV to FrontRow

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:In the Harmony software, under Activities, AppleTV, tell it to NOT set AppleTV to FrontRow

I haven't got an Apple TV in my Harmony activities. XBMC is running on my Mac with my TV as an external monitor.
I think you can achieve what you want using the Plex setup. Also, in XBMC settings I believe that there is something that allows you to launch XBMC from the remote(not sure)

Running Kodi 18.9
I assume there is some little setting I have wrong but this is driving me round the bend! I have played with all the settings I can find both in XBMC and Harmony but it still insists on launching Front Row.

I have set the Harmony to leave Plex on all the time, yet it still insists I tell it which button I use to turn it on and off!

Any other suggestions gratefully received.
Depending on how long you've had your remote, you can get phone help from Harmony, maybe they can create a macro for you. They have helped me a lot in the past.

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Depending on how long you've had your remote, you can get phone help from Harmony, maybe they can create a macro for you. They have helped me a lot in the past.

Thank you for all your suggestions jpf55.

In case it helps anyone else, I solved my problem by setting up the device as an Apple TV and adding Plex as an additional device. I then had to manually configure all the buttons as per the beginning of this thread but changing Apple TV to Plex in each case.
nashmills Wrote:In case it helps anyone else, I solved my problem by setting up the device as an Apple TV and adding Plex as an additional device. I then had to manually configure all the buttons as per the beginning of this thread but changing Apple TV to Plex in each case.

That's interesting, I had tried something like that with the AppleTV and it did not work. I was trying to add certain commands from Plex and map them to the Harmony

Running Kodi 18.9
Smile 
Hi guys,

Great thread - but I'm at a loss! I have a Harmony 525, OSX 10.6 and XBMC 10.1. I've attempted to follow the instructions, but it insists on starting front row and the up/down buttons control the volume. Here's how I have it:

- unpaired the apple remote
- set XBMC set to Multi Remote (Harmony) & Remote control send keyboard presses set to false
- set up Plex player on the 525

Any ideas?

Cheers.

PS I'm a bit of a Mac noob.
Aha! Did a software update on the Mac and it's sweet now. Love XMBC!
I've followed this guide in the past and have had it work flawlessly. However I recently got myself a shiny new Macbook Air which doesn't have a built in IR port. I've looked at some IR receivers but descriptions of the products I've looked at seem to only talk about Apple Remotes and vague hints that they only support six buttons or something.

In particular I have kept coming back to the Manta TR1. Would this (or some other receiver) work out of the box with this set-up guide?
On an OSX Mini running 10.6.8 and XBMC 10.1 I followed the original instructions and the Harmony remote generating plex IR codes only partially works, most buttons repeated navigation commands. I double checked Keycode.xml files, etc.

After going through the rest of the details and trying a few things I installed Candelair and things started working perfectly. Thanks!
I have a new Mac Mini 2011/AMD GPU with XBMC 10.1. I configured my remote according to the first page of this thread and everything works fine except for one thing. Sleep.

I can put the MacMini to sleep within XBMC manually with the remote but I would like to automate this when changing Activities but I don't know how. Huh

Plus I can't wake from sleep the MacMini using whatever key on the remote. I have to manually hit the Power button on the back of the Mac. Sad

Can you help?
Ok I found a way for automating the sleep function when changing Activities.

But I still can't Wake the Mac from the remote. I need your advices please.

Thanks.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X1