• 8(current)
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X
So it isnt possible at all to use a proper remote with the AppleTV? For example to get Buttons working with Context Menu and so on.
xploid Wrote:So it isnt possible at all to use a proper remote with the AppleTV? For example to get Buttons working with Context Menu and so on.

what's wrong with the 'learned remote' feature?
IIRC it gives you ~5 extra buttons

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
xploid Wrote:So it isnt possible at all to use a proper remote with the AppleTV? For example to get Buttons working with Context Menu and so on.

Yes it is possible, but not using Plex.
See these posts http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=82 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=470...stcount=84

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Nevermind. fixed it.

it's possible (but only in linux). I just managed to patch atvclient's code to to use full 63 harmony buttons with my apple tv. If there will be interest I might make a public patch.
zeldi Wrote:it's possible. I just managed to patch atvclient's code to to use full 63 harmony buttons with my apple tv. If there will be interest I might make a public patch.

Big GrinNod I absolutely would like to see this ShockedWink

Running Kodi 18.9
zeldi Wrote:it's possible. I just managed to patch atvclient's code to to use full 63 harmony buttons with my apple tv. If there will be interest I might make a public patch.

Interested! Nod

Up to this point I've been using a combination of the available buttons, and endlessly playing with the keymap.xml file for the various submenus to disguise the fact that I only have a dozen buttons to play with.

Having 63 buttons would make life so much easier, haha.
Uf..., just one thing guys..., yesterday when I managed to get my Harmony working, I got too excited about that, that I forgot to mention that it works on ATV with linux installed, not with OSX. sorry guys. That was also the reason why I moved to linux.
zeldi Wrote:Uf..., just one thing guys..., yesterday when I managed to get my Harmony working, I got too excited about that, that I forgot to mention that it works on ATV with linux installed, not with OSX. sorry guys. That was also the reason why I moved to linux.

Shocked Confused Sad Huh No Oo

oh well, congrats anyway

Running Kodi 18.9
zeldi Wrote:Uf..., just one thing guys..., yesterday when I managed to get my Harmony working, I got too excited about that, that I forgot to mention that it works on ATV with linux installed, not with OSX. sorry guys. That was also the reason why I moved to linux.

I'd consider moving over to Linux if you got this working. Share the knowledge.
Download the Evinyatar's atvclient

then get a patch from
this post, apply it (or overwrite src/atvclient.cpp), compile and voila..., you have full blown remote.

I moved to linux because I wanted to have a normal remote (like I was used to in WinMCE) for faster navigation and sms style music search, just then realized it isn't supported out of the box. But thanks to Evinyatar I managed to make it support Logitech's Plex config.
mrt2 Wrote:For some reason the directional buttons (up, down, left, right) are respond amazingly slow. I press them and then count a beat then it moves on the screen. Is there any way to fix this? Interestingly enough it seems that the other buttons respond as expected but the directional buttons don't respond when I press them but respond a moment after... Sad

Since I was strugling with the same issue, there are actually two settings:
1. adjusting the delays (speed settings) - haven't noticed any big difference between 0ms and 100ms (I am using 0ms).

2. adjusting the number of repetitions - how many times each command is repeated (to make it more error prone), if you take a look at debug log in linux from atv you see that each command is actually sent 3-4 times from harmony remote, whereas atv remote sends each command only once.
-this setting can be found under devices->troubleshoot->TV responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally->set this number to 0 or 1.
Hi Folks,

first of all thank you very much for this very useful HOWTO !
It worked for me right away with my first attempt to control the MC wit my Harmony one.

After i added my new Elgato SAT box and installed eyeTV it seems i screwed up something Huh

Now when I'm pressing the [PLAY] button on the Harmony, it starts frontrow not xbmc.
And any key pressing leads to a not possible Volume change (optical audio out).
If i start xbmc manually the MC doesn't react on any key action ( orig apple remote neither).

Is there a way to tell the 'remote receiver' to talk with xbmc only, or a way to switch between eyetev and xbmc ?

Thank you in advance for your efforts to help me out here.

Vollhorst

XBMC 9.11 r26018
Darwin 10.3.0
EyeTV 3.4 (6145)
IMac 27" 16G
Elgato Sat
Harmony one
zeldi Wrote:Download the Evinyatar's atvclient

then get a patch from
this post, apply it (or overwrite src/atvclient.cpp), compile and voila..., you have full blown remote.

Hey man - I almost have my Linux install working the way I want thanks to the crystalbuntu images posted.

Can you post a keymap.xml and/or your button assignment from in the harmony software as a starting point to go with this?

Are you using the Plex device in your activity?

Thanks.
brock_gonad Wrote:Hey man - I almost have my Linux install working the way I want thanks to the crystalbuntu images posted.

Can you post a keymap.xml and/or your button assignment from in the harmony software as a starting point to go with this?

Are you using the Plex device in your activity?

Thanks.

Take a look at my post in different thread.

In short: I am using default keymap (it was my inspiration for mapping the keys Smile) supplied with xbmc, you have to use Plex device (it mimics multiple apple remotes)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X1