• 12(current)
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X
According to stuff I have read, you should only power off the other components (TV, sound system etc) and always have the mini on standbye. The power consumption http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1200653 is not what it used to be.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
lebrett Wrote:I have a new Mac Mini 2011/AMD GPU with XBMC 10.1. I configured my remote according to the first page of this thread and everything works fine except for one thing. Sleep.

I can put the MacMini to sleep within XBMC manually with the remote but I would like to automate this when changing Activities but I don't know how. Huh

Plus I can't wake from sleep the MacMini using whatever key on the remote. I have to manually hit the Power button on the back of the Mac. Sad

Can you help?

I have the exact same problem, every detail! Everything works except for sleep. In my case, sleep launches XBMC. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.
@bombart you can put the macmini to sleep by programming your remote with logitech utility. I don't remember exactly how but you have to tell select manually the command sleep from a drop down menu when you change activity. As for waking up it is not possible until either an update from Apple or Candelair Driver.

In the meantime you can try remote buddy. It works but it is a paid program.
lebrett Wrote:@bombart you can put the macmini to sleep by programming your remote with logitech utility. I don't remember exactly how but you have to tell select manually the command sleep from a drop down menu when you change activity. As for waking up it is not possible until either an update from Apple or Candelair Driver.

In the meantime you can try remote buddy. It works but it is a paid program.

I did try that and it just launches XBMC instead. I even went to the "Plex" device and chose the sleep command... and XBMC launches.

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to look into Remote Buddy.

Cheers.
lebrett Wrote:Ok I found a way for automating the sleep function when changing Activities.

But I still can't Wake the Mac from the remote. I need your advices please.

Thanks.

The way I'm dealing with it is:

1) Set up the mac mini to never shutdown or sleep (you can get there via troubleshooting the device -> power options... or something like that and this is where I had initially set it up to sleep)
2) Set up the mac to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity
3) Use the "Start XBMC" activity which essentially tunes my TV and my receiver to the correct inputs. Then I send the "OK" command to wake it up.

This will have to do for now!
I'm running xmbc on a mini mac 2011.

I picked up a Harmony 700 remote and half my buttons don't work properly. Example there's no button that will take me back to the previous screen. In my "MyHarmony.com" software I have it mapped as prev button = prev and still nothing. It's been nothing but nightmares for the past 3 days!! I'm ready to toss this thing out the window.

Thanks
mar1300 Wrote:I'm running XBMC on a mini mac 2011.

I picked up a Harmony 700 remote and half my buttons don't work properly. Example there's no button that will take me back to the previous screen. In my "MyHarmony.com" software I have it mapped as prev button = prev and still nothing. It's been nothing but nightmares for the past 3 days!! I'm ready to toss this thing out the window.

Thanks
Don't toss anything just yet...Shocked
Previous screen on my HarmonyOne and all other Harmony remotes I have setup, is "Menu"Nod

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Don't toss anything just yet...Shocked
Previous screen on my HarmonyOne and all other Harmony remotes I have setup, is "Menu"Nod

Perfect I gave that a try and it seems to be working.

Thanks
Edens not taking commands from plexplayer setup remote
Sorry had to unpair even if I never used an apple remote.
So, following this guide and the remote is controlling xbmc all good. But up/down, +/- etc are controlling the Mac volume and some button launches iTunes

I see a few other people throughout this tread have had the issue but I don't see a fix?

Using OSX 10.7.3, XBMC 11, Logitech Harmony One

Edit: NVM, selected "Remote control sends keyboard presses" and now the OSX volume etc doesn't change when pressing buttons
im also having this problem, however remote control sends keyboard presses didnt solve anything.

also im having issues that i cant wake the mac mini from sleep, i wake it, then it goes to sleep again after a couple of seconds
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I just wanted to say thank you.

I have just set this up using my Harmony 650 remote and it works perfectly.

iMac Late 2008 running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
Eden 11.0 Build
Under Setting > System > Input Devices ----- I have Multi Remote (Harmony) Selected. Allow Start of XBMC using the remote selected. Remote control sends keyboard presses. (This was enabled as without it when you pressed the number 1 it put XBMC into windowed mode on my iMac screen)

All the commands as outlined in the first post on this thread work as expected.

Just set it up as Media Centre PC > Plex > Plex Player (In the Harmony Remote Setup Program)
One more stupidity in the Harmony programming software: correct me if i'm wrong but it's not possible to add a pause in the middle of a activity. I need to turn on projector and amp, wait 8 seconds so that the amp is completely awake and then turn on mini. It's possible to add a pause to the end of an activity but it's useless there, there's no way to reorder the actions.

I guess only options are to add some pseudo device, set power on delay to 8 seconds and then send some random IR command to that device and only after that wake the mini. Or set the amp power on delay to 8 seconds and send some IR code.
(2012-05-23, 19:35)toiva Wrote: One more stupidity in the Harmony programming software: correct me if i'm wrong but it's not possible to add a pause in the middle of a activity. I need to turn on projector and amp, wait 8 seconds so that the amp is completely awake and then turn on mini. It's possible to add a pause to the end of an activity but it's useless there, there's no way to reorder the actions.

I guess only options are to add some pseudo device, set power on delay to 8 seconds and then send some random IR command to that device and only after that wake the mini. Or set the amp power on delay to 8 seconds and send some IR code.

If I understand you correctly, this is what you want:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/...ivity-when

Running Kodi 18.9
Wasn't sure if I should have started a new thread for this or not, but there seem to be a fair number of knowledgable people on this thread, so I decided to put this here.

My setup: iMac with Lion and 40" TV connected via mini displayport to HDMI adapter, XBMC 11.0, Harmony 700 remote.

For the most part everything is working, but I would appreciate any help with the following issues:

1. When I switch to the HDMI input that the iMac is on, if the iMac screen had gone to sleep it won't wake up. However, I can hear the clicking noise of moving around the XBMC menu, so I know the computer is awake, but neither screen will come on unless I get up and click the mouse.
  2. The only choices I can see in regards to the iMac display is either to turn it off immediately when XBMC starts, or to leave it on. However when I leave it on, the screensaver doesn't kick in and it doesn't go to sleep as it normally would. I don't want to disable the screen entirely in case someone wants to use the iMac while I'm watching something, but I don't want it to stay on all the time either. Is there any middle ground?
  3. I know this is completely outside the scope of this thread, but does anyone have any suggestions for best practices for database sharing? Do I have both computers scan for new content on startup, or just one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X1