Soundgraph iMon LCD - display icons
No: it requires the Linux iMon driver and its interface to toggle icons
great job - it's working very well for me Smile

I's there any hope for icons for video/audio codec?
it is also working here, thanks. has anyone looked into integrating this in xbmc core? i imagine it would make sense to have some sort of a highlighting framework to consider different LCD-s, but i havent looked at the LCD handling source yet.
xbmc-pvr-ppa-odk68, Gentoo x86 3.0.7-pf, xorg-server-1.11.2, mesa-7.11, nvidia-drivers-290.10
Thumbs Up 
Worked for me! Really cool thank you! It looks nice on my Antec Microfusion 350!
At the beginning i only forgot to activate the webinterface in XBMC Wink

cheers,
David
qnox Wrote:I's there any hope for icons for video/audio codec?

Hi there,
yes, I'm working on it (to use all its icons and progress-bars) for a while now and it's getting pretty complete. Unfortunately, the svn-cleanups and change from "linuxport" to "trunk" seems to bare some problems, as XBMC does not start correctly any more. After a successful build, though Sad.
I have to wait until these problems have been solved. I will announce a patch here when I have a satisfying code base.

Greets,
Chriss
just to drop my THANK YOU for this wonderful little hack. would be so nice if it could be embedded somewhere inside xbmc. then only a small spectrum analyzer would be missing on our lcds Big Grin
chriss, you are working on XBMC C++ core code or enhancing the perl script?
xbmc-pvr-ppa-odk68, Gentoo x86 3.0.7-pf, xorg-server-1.11.2, mesa-7.11, nvidia-drivers-290.10
Hi lkraav and rickx,

spectrum analyzer is on my TODO-list definetively. I already did this for the vdr-plugin "music", formerly known as "mp3ng". So it _should_ be quite feasible. I did not look into the C++-code for the way for getting the "FFT-ed" sound-data yet, but as there are so many visualizations available, it should be provided by xbmc itself :p.
I'm working on the C++-code and in the end any lcdproc-display with special icons can be added easily by writing the display-specific stuff for addressing the icons. All other things are done by "my LCD-API".
Or, if lcdproc provides an easier way for addressing the icons one day (there have been discussions about it in the lcdproc-ML), just a bit of my code has to be adjusted accordingly.

Greets,
Chriss
i have a strange case of my imon turning off backlight after days of normal operation and staying off. only restarting LCDd helps. i have no idea what if anything sends the backlight off command, any thoughts?

edit: actually - it's not backlight. sending the backlight off perl command turns the display off completely. my problem is more like contrast related. backlight is on but all text and content on the display is barely barely visible. like i said, it goes to this state seemingly by itself. i wonder how to get it out, is there a perl pack command that modified contrast value of the LCD?

edit2: ok here http://lcdproc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewv...iew=markup is the command list. now i'm struggling a bit figuring out what hex values to add to try to reset the contrast value with perl.

Code:
#define COMMANDS_SET_CONTRAST    (uint64_t) 0x0300000000000000LL
#define COMMANDS_LOW_CONTRAST    (uint64_t) (COMMANDS_SET_CONTRAST + (uint64_t) 0x00FFFFFF00580A00LL)
send_command_data(COMMANDS_LOW_CONTRAST + (uint64_t) (p->contrast / 25), p);

contrast of 200 / 25 = 0x0000000000000008

so i should add 0x0300000000000000 + 0x00FFFFFF00580A00 + 0x0000000000000008 = 0x03FFFFFF00580A08.

reversing it -> 80A08500FFFFFF30x0.

unfortunately doing "perl -e 'print pack "H*", "80A08500FFFFFF30"' > /dev/lcd1" does nothing. perhaps someone smarter could point out the error in the logic above?
Question 
hi,

i want to test these script, but i cant excecute the script on my live usb stick.....

please give me a noob guide...

thanks
ctrl+alt+f2
xbmc
xbmc

cp /where/script/is/script_name /home/xbmc/script.pl
sudo chmod +x script.pl

sudo ./script.pl

then ctrl+alt+f1 or ctrl+alt+f7
try both it depends on the method u used to start xbmc
Question 
Hi

thanks for the advice.... but i get this error....

(T: XBMCLive)xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ ls
F:\videos imon.pl
(T: XBMCLive)xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo chmod +x imon.pl
(T: XBMCLive)xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo ./imon.pl
Can't locate HTTP/Request/Common.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./imon.pl line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./imon.pl line 2.

How can i fix it.....Huh and how can i get it autostartet (if the script work anytime...)

thanks

muggi
ahh u must enable webserver if i remember well. did some months ago sry.
Hi

my webserver is enabled... But i get this Error again....
Any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soundgraph iMon LCD - display icons0