Music Scraper is not picking up local fanart.jpg files
I am having trouble getting the music scraper to pick to local fanart.jpg files.
My file structure is as follows:

/music/Artist/single1.mp3
/music/Artist/single2.mp3
/music/Artist/fanart.jpg
/music/Artist/Album/fanart.jpg
/music/Artist/Album/song1.jpg
/music/Artist/Album/song2.jpg

Browsing the Artists in a fanart view does not show the local fanart.jpg images. For some of the artists the scraper picks up fanart from the htbackdrops site, but this is only for a small subset of artists and often the fanart is poor quality.

I have already tried deleting the music library file (MyMusic7.db) and re-scraped, with no effect.

Setup:
XBMC SVN : r21925, Scraper settings: Allmusic
Windows XP Home, Skins: Transparency!, PM3.HD

I know I can set the fanart individually for each artist, but I have a huge
music collection, so this is not feasable for me...

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Do a Debug Log while doing a fresh scan on an artist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for trying to help - I've been scratching my head over this problem for a couple of days nowNerd

Here is a debug log. I am here trying to scrape two artists.
For both of these the scraper is able to find fanart on htbackdrops, but the scraper seems to ignore my local fanart.jpg files:

http://pastebin.com/m371de04f

Before the scraping I uninstalled my XBMC including Application Data, and installed the latest SVN from scratch. I scraped using the PM3.HD skin.

Thanks
Here is an even better example: http://pastebin.com/m7d934663
I am here scraping two artists with the following file structure

../Small Trial/120 Days/single1.mp3
../Small Trial/120 Days/single2.mp3
../Small Trial/120 Days/fanart.jpg
../Small Trial/120 Days/120 Days/song1.mp3
../Small Trial/120 Days/120 Days/song2.mp3
../Small Trial/Billy Idol/fanart.jpg
../Small Trial/Billy Idol/single1.mp3
../Small Trial/Billy Idol/single2.mp3

For the first artist (120 Days) the scraper is not able to find any fanart from htbackdrops, and it does not pick up the local fanart.jpg file. The result is that no fanart is available for this artist in views utilizing fanart (library mode). Isn't the scraper supposed to look for local fanart.jpg images and use these if available ?

For the second artist (Billy Idol) it picks up a fanart image from htbackdrops. But since I have a higher quality locally stored fanart.jpg image, isn't XBMC supposed to use this instead ?
r21941 has some saner logging of fanart stuff if you don't mind taking a further nosy.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Tried SVN:21958 on the same test dataset (see above), but I'm getting the same behaviour as earlier.
Here is the new logfile: http://pastebin.com/m7258416

Anyone else having success with getting the music scraper to pick up local fanart.jpg files?
The only way you can get such a log is if:

1. There is already fanart cached for that artist -> Clear out Thumbnails.
2. We don't know what folder to look in for that artist.

Please remove your thumbnails folder completely (you can back it up if you like) then restart XBMC and re-run the log.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I actually uninstalled XBMC including deleting the local profile (application data), before re-installing this latest SVN. I assume this should have cleared out any cached thumbnails/fanart?
I'm going to try once again on a different PC later today just to verify that the problem is not linked to my main PC. This problem has really started to annoy me now - especially since I have spent several days upgrading my entire music collection with local fanart Confused
Thanks for the help though - I have not given up hope yet Wink
I have now performed a complete new install (SVN 21981) on a different machine (my laptop), copied my testdataset to local location
C:\Music\Artist\
C:\Music\Artist\Album
I performed a re-scrape, but alas with same results - here is the log: http://pastebin.com/m258071d if anyone have time to take a brief look.
Again, thanks for helping me error search this problem
Interesting. I presume it does it if just the 120 days folder is present?

If so, do you mind doing the following:

1. Remove your music lib, and any thumbs etc.
2. Scan just that folder, with artist and album lookups turned off.
3. Provide your musicdb for me to analyse (PM me for details).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Solved Laugh It was tag related. A long time ago I removed the content of the Album tag from my cd-single collection in order to trick XBMC to display the individual album art embedded into each and every song when they are stored in a single folder. This was to prevent XBMC from believing they were all part of the same album and use the album art embedded to the first file as album art for all files in the folder.

If the album tag is empty the scraper will not pick up the local artist fanart. All I had to do was to add text to the Album tag and rescrape :-)
Ah - yes, that's certainly true. We use the album to hook between the songs and the artist (as we want the albumartist, not necessarily the song artist).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Scraper is not picking up local fanart.jpg files0