[LINUX] HP USB IR (MCE) Receiver with XBMC & ASRock 330 ION?
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. Are you using your Harmony with the HP Media Receiver described above? If so, were you using LIRC at all or any other software? It feels that it worked for you without any software at all to get the "basics" working?

Anyone tried with his regular remote from his TV?

If its a Windows MCE IR USB receiver than it should work out of the box with no config needed when using XBMC Live.

Your TV remote control cannot be used, you can use a windows media center edition remote control or get a Logitech Harmony and use that with the MCE USB IR receiver. The Logitech is a better option as you can remap the buttons if you scroll down to the bottom of this guide you see some handy listings of functions on the mce remote the wiki entry is different.
Thanks for your help!!!

Starstream Wrote:If its a Windows MCE IR USB receiver than it should work out of the box with no config needed when using XBMC Live.

Actually, I am using XBMC fpr Linux on Ubuntu 9.10. Guessm this should be the same then.

Starstream Wrote:Your TV remote control cannot be used, you can use a windows media center edition remote control or get a Logitech Harmony and use that with the MCE USB IR receiver.

Why does my TV remote not be used if the Harmony can? The Harmony would also work with the HP IR receiver, isnt it? My remote shows up under the supported list on LIRC. Does this make a difference?

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hi,
I have one question regarding XBMC live and remote control.

I have PC with nvidia ION ( atom330 ). XBMC live installed on the HDD and in the USB I have IR receiver from Igor Cesko.

In lirc I can see :
Supported Hardware
Home-brew:
* Serial Port Receivers
* Serial Port Transmitters
* Parallel Port Hardware
* FTDI based USB IR receiver
* USB-IR-Boy
* USBtiny
* Universal Infrared Receiver (aka Irman)
* UIRT2
* Igor Cesko's USB IR Receiver Laugh
* Igorplug-UDP
* CARACA
* Sound card input
* Sound card input (ALSA)
* Linksys NSLU2
* avrlirc

so it's supported. My question is, what I must do to get running - install lirc ? any configuration ? and ......

I am a linux beginner, please help.

Thanks

Alda

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HP USB IR (MCE) Receiver with XBMC & ASRock 330 ION?0