• 15(current)
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?
(2017-12-10, 13:57)sky42 Wrote: @Shine First of all Thank You. I would love to see a version with automatic language selection by the configured audio language for Xin1generator mkv. Can you please add this feature to your patches and explain how to extend the chapters.xml with language tags. I have movies with german/english video e.g. Star Wars. I shortly tested your patches with some Alien movies i created wit Xin1generator and it works fine.
Thanks for testing and thanks for adding your builds to the list of available X-in-1 / Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking capable Kodi versions. We are growing ;-)

As for language selection, this is a standard Kodi feature. None of the patches (neither mojo-hakase's original ones nor my X-in-1 additions to his work) changes anything concerning audio stream selection. It should work just like vanilla Kodi does.

(2017-12-14, 22:57)vertigo220 Wrote:
(2017-12-11, 10:11)da-anda Wrote: if I'm not mistaken Kodi now does support multiple video streams you can choose from in the videosettings OSD during playback. Maybe this will help you guys to come up with an acceptable patch now? And with inputstream at hand, it might be possible to add a custom demuxer on top of whatever ffmpeg does - as the MPEG DASH stuff is also not part of ffmpeg and handled by inputstream.adaptive. So if you take inputstream.adaptive as an example and base your work on it, chances might be good to finally get your desired feature in. Hope that does help you guys in some way.
 Just tried on one of my videos made with xin1 and it only showed one available stream and wouldn't even let me select the option, presumably since there was nothing to change. So maybe this works if two completely separate streams are present (which I don't even know what the purpose of that would be) but not where only parts are different, as with a file made with xin1. This is on the Shield TV and my phone (latest version of Kodi on both, Shield and phone both up to date with phone on Nougat).       
I think you understood da-anda wrong. He did not say that Kodi now supports multi-edition MKVs. He just said that multiple video streams are natively supported in Kodi now. So if anybody ports the Xin1 patches to v18, he can take advantage of this new Kodi feature by presenting each of the editions as a separate stream. This, for example, would allow Kodi to remember the previously watched edition when resuming playback, which my patches cannot provide for v17.
(2017-12-15, 16:33)Shine Wrote: I think you understood da-anda wrong. He did not say that Kodi now supports multi-edition MKVs. He just said that multiple video streams are natively supported in Kodi now. So if anybody ports the Xin1 patches to v18, he can take advantage of this new Kodi feature by presenting each of the editions as a separate stream. This, for example, would allow Kodi to remember the previously watched edition when resuming playback, which my patches cannot provide for v17.
correct. Move your patches to some inputstream based demuxer thingy and feed Kodi the detected streams.
so.. in mkv file , exists a keymap to switch this viedeo straem in a file, ?
(2017-09-06, 17:50)Shine Wrote: Download my 17.4 17.5 17.6 build with Ordered Chapter and Xin1 support here.
Or if you want to compile it yourself: Patches only
 Thank you for this build!  The openings are finally playing properly on a few shows I have in my library.
(2017-09-06, 17:50)Shine Wrote: Or if you want to compile it yourself: Patches only

I wonder what the odds are on the patches working in v18 (I'm guessing a long shot at best.)

I upgraded to v18 so of course now all of my videos with ordered chapters are no longer playing properly.  On top of that, it didn't occur to me for about a week that none of the openings were playing in the affected shows, so now I have to decide between rolling the database back a week and adjusting the watched status on ~40 shows, or just live without the feature Sad
Just bumping this. It's 2019 and this still doesn't work in mainline Kodi...
Isn't it dropped? It seems no plans to add it to Kodi.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?4