[XBOX] AMT and Mediastream Redux
Nuka:
I'm using Mediastream Redux on the xbox, with the latest t3ch unstable version.
When I start the Apple Movie Trailer script, I have only 5 to 8 MB of ram free, so I can't watch any trailers.
Using normal Mediastream, or PMIII.HD, I have between 21 and 26 MB of free ram.

I posted this on the Mediastream Redux post, but Jezz said he didn't see anything wrong.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Here's the log
http://pastebin.com/f4bb85a86
how could it be the script, if you're using the same script but different skins?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Feanor.....
Have you tried resizing Backgrounds and FanArt to a size more suited to xbox usage? Say like, 960x540?

I know not everyone has to do this, but most agree that this helps on xbox.....simply because , it seems, all xbox consoles run a little differently.
I have the same problem but the AMT background is only 226k 1280x720 - I know its Xbox but I can really see this hogging 15-18Mb of RAM Huh
Nuka1195 Wrote:how could it be the script, if you're using the same script but different skins?

No, i'm sure it's not the script per se, but maybe from the log you could see something that I don't.
I tryed it with no backdrops and I get the same problem.
When the script starts loading (over the already loaded background), free memory drops from 21 to 6 or 7 in a few seconds...

It's OK, for now I'll just switch skins whe I want to check new trailers Smile
make sure one of the images in the skin with memory problems isn't causing a leak. mc360 had this along time ago, but i thought the issue was fixed in xbmc.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:make sure one of the images in the skin with memory problems isn't causing a leak. mc360 had this along time ago, but i thought the issue was fixed in xbmc.

Looks to be it! - Very basic trouble shooting here but I deleted all the background images and there is 21Mb free with AMT....
is there a way to figure out which image it is so we can replace it? how can a image cause a memory leak?:
Just transferred every one back except AMT and it has between 17-18Mb free when AMT is fired up and 11Mb while playing...... need to use it more to see if it leaks... but Mrs has just turned Eastenders on Sad
Geeba Wrote:Just transferred every one back except AMT and it has between 17-18Mb free when AMT is fired up and 11Mb while playing...... need to use it more to see if it leaks... but Mrs has just turned Eastenders on Sad

are u talking about thwe images in the skin or in the amt script?
All of them are in the Backgrounds file in the skin folder.... I think Jezz re-skinned the AMT script for Redux

Edit: nope it crashes after a while..... managed 3 trailers
Resized all images to 960x540 - doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference - the scrip runs flawlessly in PMIII HD but runs out of memory in Redux - strange as the memory for every other point on the skin seems to be roughly the same as PMIII HD... Huh
Maybe some texture specific to the AMT skin is the problem... I never figured out how to edit an xpr...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] AMT and Mediastream Redux0