[MOD] Program Launcher Hack
This is a pretty outdated workaround - I'm going to update it with a how-to for Dharma (once it's out) - it requires a lot less effort and hacking around in XBMC.
SophT Wrote:This is a pretty outdated workaround - I'm going to update it with a how-to for Dharma (once it's out) - it requires a lot less effort and hacking around in XBMC.

Actually - I went in a totally different direction. Now using BlueCop's Hulu, CBS (and other) online video Add-ons right inside of XBMC to access the streaming content. No more starting/stopping XBMC or other programs...just leave XBMC running the whole show. The video is stunning and easy enough to access...and the "off hulu" search function in the Hulu add-on is too cool.

Refer to my other postings and other threads (there's a bunch that cross paths now) but this is the link to the Hulu (and other) video add-ons: Bluecop's Video Add-ons

Saves time and goes full screen with no extra clicks Wink
SophT Wrote:This is a pretty outdated workaround - I'm going to update it with a how-to for Dharma (once it's out) - it requires a lot less effort and hacking around in XBMC.

i was just going to try the method in your original post out...should i be waiting for your new method since i am on dharma RC1? will this original method still work on dharma, but just be a bit more complicated than the upcoming method?
Yes, I too anxiously await your updated method. I was just about to tear into using your first method.
I recommend incorporating the new Advanced Launcher with a customizable homescreen just like Night or Customizable Confluence. It's really easy, user-friendly and all done through the GUI when working together
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Does anyone know to get this working with launching boxee from within xbmc?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2010-11-24, 15:26)rausch101 Wrote: I recommend incorporating the new Advanced Launcher with a customizable homescreen just like Night or Customizable Confluence. It's really easy, user-friendly and all done through the GUI when working together

But even with the Advanced Launcher - you still see the desktop or whatever is running behind XBMC and the other program you're starting/exiting during the transitions. I'd like to have a clean black screen in the background so you don't have to see all the flashing...makes for a much nicer viewing experience and doesn't remind my wife of all the hacking I've been doing on this HTPC ;-)

Any way to incorporate something like that in the Advanced Launcher? Or is there some other way to do this? I seem to recall a way using a python script to start another program - but don't recall if it exited XBMC or not? I'm using a batch file to KILL XBMC and then start other programs (Windows Media Center, Hulu Desktop) - but still - the batch file has to kill the current running program BEFORE it can start the new one (by default) since the batch file executes one line at a time.

I'm thinking maybe I could incorporate something into EvenGhost that would kill the other application AFTER the new one is started? IE: a "watch & kill" routine? But can't figure out how to ONLY kill the app I want to!

Any ideas would be welcome!
(2012-04-10, 22:03)puulima Wrote: But even with the Advanced Launcher - you still see the desktop or whatever is running behind XBMC and the other program you're starting/exiting during the transitions. I'd like to have a clean black screen in the background so you don't have to see all the flashing...makes for a much nicer viewing experience and doesn't remind my wife of all the hacking I've been doing on this HTPC ;-)

Any way to incorporate something like that in the Advanced Launcher? Or is there some other way to do this? I seem to recall a way using a python script to start another program - but don't recall if it exited XBMC or not? I'm using a batch file to KILL XBMC and then start other programs (Windows Media Center, Hulu Desktop) - but still - the batch file has to kill the current running program BEFORE it can start the new one (by default) since the batch file executes one line at a time.

I'm thinking maybe I could incorporate something into EvenGhost that would kill the other application AFTER the new one is started? IE: a "watch & kill" routine? But can't figure out how to ONLY kill the app I want to!

Any ideas would be welcome!
You can try to create and use a AutoIt script that give more features and options than a simple .batch file. Could be something like that :

Quote:RunWait ( "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\HuluDesktop\Huludesktop.exe" )
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "Huludesktop.exe" )
Run ( "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" )
Sorry to necro this but I am trying to setup something like this.

I used advanced launcher but as the OP said, can have lots of issues running both so I was looking for ways to have XBMC close just like this script.

Problem is this is dated and was only for a certain theme..I use Aeon MQ4 which doesn't have a menu item to replace or at least I don't know how.

Is there another way to do this, or another way to run a PY script in XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Program Launcher Hack0