Zoomable Movie/Album image
i know this basically is a skin thing. but what if the image in the movie/music info window could get focus like a button or a zoom image button next to it. use button and the image is presented in a zoomed view without the info (or on top of info).

as the pixel real estate is pretty cramped with info on that screen there isn't much space left for the image so in most cases it is to small to give any added value. i played a little with the size of this image in my latest version of retro but still it it is a bit thight.

/floink
not a bad idea - certainly fairly easy to add in i should think.

i'm wondering whether perhaps it's our choice of fonts that is causing layout headaches. a thinner font width-wise would help i think, and wouldn't make it much harder to read. most of the fonts we use a fairly square in their character shape from what i have seen.

either that, or perhaps the information could be presented better via a multi-page type thing, with the main info (movie title, main actors, release date, director, studio/distributor, short plot description etc.) present on the first screen, along with a larger thumb/poster image, and the main plot description on a secondary page?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

maybe add a "view large cover" option in the imdb info screen (for each movie)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
personally i'm quite happy with the way the info is presented today. just being able to "view larger cover" like gamester so elegantly put it, would do the trick for me. both in imdb and allmusic screens.

depending on how it's done ofcourse multi page imdb info screen could be good. have a look at mosax and my subdiscussion on that subject in this old thread/page. Smile
i'm another vote for a large cover option. in my latest cvs build [from a couple weeks ago] the image appears very faded from the imdb/white button screen, and i was just thinking it would be nice to see it larger. perhaps something as making the left hand nav more functional, more tab like. one would show the full image in the right panel, one would show cast info. the detailed description could be seperated out into it's own, and the movie data could be rewritten to not scroll so much.

[ poster ]
[ details ]
[ synopsis ]
[ cast ]
[ refresh ]

if the detail screen were being redone, a real nice feature would be the ability to vote/rate a movie. give data back to imdb.
--jaga

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zoomable Movie/Album image0