Winamp to xbox
sorry if this is a stupid or trivial question but i am fairly new to all this!  all i want to do is to be able to send the output from winamp to xbmc so i can listen to my audio files thru my stereo.  i want to use winamp and use the pc for searching so all i need the xbox to do is sit there and accept the stream.  i thought that i could use the jetcast plugin in winamp, set up an .strm file on the xbox and that would be it.  unfortunately it doesn't work.  either my theory is wrong or i am just not doing it properly!

can anyone advise me how to achieve my goal??  i want to use winamp on the pc (if possible) because i like it's searching in media library.  i have tens of thousands of files so i think it would be too tedious to do it the other way round (ie control it from xbmc rather than the pc).

hope that all makes sense and someone can help!

thanks
glenn
it's not the scope of these forums to help you setup a shoutcast or icecast stream.

but goto the correct place, winamp forums? or use google (is your friend) to setup either of those 2 *casts. when it working, you simply make a .strm file (that part we can help you with) and open it with xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Winamp to xbox0