Search MP3 folders for .jpg files
hi.

my mp3's are located in a folder called mp3, with subdirs with the albumnames etc. all the covers are located inside the mp3 dir's, either in / or in /covers, and labled album.front.jpg or something simmilar.

it would be really cool if xbmc located these .jpg's and used them as covers when you choose to search through the mp3's for organizing them in the database.

so it would use all .jpg's in folders, and if theres more than one, use *front* or just a random cover.

or if it was possible to go through the folders and pick a .jpg as cover by pressing a button.

/kapsel
i think the last request, being able to make it a thumbnail would work, once the context menu gets added by jmarshal.
much better is to embed the album art into the mp3 file as a tag.

most modern mp3 tag editing tools allow you to add album art.
once you put the art into the mp3 files then xbmc will display the art on the individual files automatically.

you can use the tool referenced in my signature below to extract the art and place it in the same directory as the mp3 file as folder.jpg which will be picked up and displayed by xbmc.

/sanjay
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search MP3 folders for .jpg files0