Music Fanart Transparency
Hi Guys

I have put all my music in xbmc but I cant get any Fanart, I think it is the way I have my folder, at the moment I have a folder on my desktop simply
called music, with all the albums in that, it has scanned the music into xmbc
but I dont think I have it right, do I need to change the file structure??
Sorry if I'm posting it this in the wrong section, but I have looked at the online manual, and to me it does not make sense, any help appreciated

P.s Thanks for the great work on a fantanstic Skin

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:I have put all my music in xbmc but I cant get any Fanart, I think it is the way I have my folder, at the moment I have a folder on my desktop simply
called music, with all the albums in that, it has scanned the music into XBMC
but I dont think I have it right, do I need to change the file structure?

yes, your directory structure needs to be:
Music/Artist/Album/Songs

for fanart, either use the build-in scrapers or manually add a fanart image to every artist folder:
Music/Artist/fanart.jpg
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
just for information's sake, your music folder doesn't HAVE to be named music.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
If you are successful in getting the XBMC music scraper to pick up your local fanart.jpg files, and using these in "Library mode" I am really interested in the scraper settings you are using. I am struggelig a bit myself with getting this to work - see http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55708
thomash72 Wrote:If you are successful in getting the XBMC music scraper to pick up your local fanart.jpg files, and using these in "Library mode" I am really interested in the scraper settings you are using. I am struggelig a bit myself with getting this to work - see http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55708

i had a look at you debuglogs and it may be due to this:
M:\Music\Singles\Small Trial\120 Days\120 Days\
M:\Music\Singles\Small Trial\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits\Disk 2\

that's not really a Music\Artist\Album structure, now is it. ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ooops Blush
I'll make sure my test dataset is cleaned up when I re-test later today.
Thanks for pointing this out - I'm going to feel quite embarrassed if it turns out this is causing my problems....
I re-checked. It is only my first log which is run on this faulty dataset. My two latest pastebin logs is according to the recommended filestructure (not using the Billy Joel extra folders).
To bad, I was kind of hoping this was the cause of all my problems now Sad
Thanks for checking up anyway. I've spent so much time on this issue now, that I am going to be a really happy camper when it's resolved. I'm going to test a complete new XBMC installation on a different machine today just in case...
PS: Fanart in Transparency! works excellent in filemode by the way:-)
thomash72 Wrote:I re-checked. It is only my first log which is run on this faulty dataset. My two latest pastebin logs is according to the recommended filestructure (not using the Billy Joel extra folders).
To bad, I was kind of hoping this was the cause of all my problems now Sad
Thanks for checking up anyway. I've spent so much time on this issue now, that I am going to be a really happy camper when it's resolved. I'm going to test a complete new XBMC installation on a different machine today just in case...
PS: Fanart in Transparency! works excellent in filemode by the way:-)

if i look at your last log, your directory structure is:
what i'm suggesting, is try again with this structure:
M:\Music\120 Days\120 Days\
Hi ronnie

Thanks, now how do i change the file name, at this monemt it is c:\userspaul\destop\music, I have tried to change this but it wont let any pointers??

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:Hi ronnie

Thanks, now how do i change the file name, at this monemt it is c:\userspaul\destop\music, I have tried to change this but it wont let any pointers??

Paul

no need to change that part, i'm trying to explain you'll have to remove the Singles\Small Trial part,
so that all artists are directly under music:
c:\userspaul\destop\music\Billy Joel\Greatest Hits
c:\userspaul\destop\music\120 Days\120 Days\
etc...

just do a test with a few folders before reorganizing your entire music collection. ;-)
ronie Wrote:if i look at your last log, your directory structure is:
what i'm suggesting, is try again with this structure:
M:\Music\120 Days\120 Days\

Tried, but alas with same results - here is a new pastebin (http://pastebin.com/m54b0d8e0) if you have time to take a quick look.
This test is performed with a new fresh XBMC install (SVN 21981)
Thanks
thomash72 Wrote:Tried, but alas with same results - here is a new pastebin (http://pastebin.com/m54b0d8e0) if you have time to take a quick look.
This test is performed with a new fresh XBMC install (SVN 21981)
Thanks

i'm afraid i'm out of suggestions. :-(
Well thanks for having a look anyway. Actually the Transparency! skin is the only comfort I have right now, since it picks up the local fanart at the song level in "Now Playing" / visualization with fanart views :-)
Found a solution to my problem - it was tag related - see : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55708&page=2:laugh:
glad you figured it out! ;-)
and thanx for the headsup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Fanart Transparency0