Play DVD Option?
Thanks a bunch man. I'll give it a try this evening.

Its a small trivial thing, but my wife uses dvds for my kids little movies.
No problem, I love this skin. But prefer the dvd option on the main menu, which is doable.
Media PC (ASRock ION 330) - Intel ATOM 330 | 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz Memory | Seagate Momentus 320GB 5400.6RPM SATA Hard Drive | nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 LAN | Liteon DS-8A3S SATA DVDRW | nVidia ION Graphics | Microsoft Windows 7 32bit Ultimate | XBMC for Windows using Neon skin

Home Theatre System
Panasonic TC-32LX70 32" 720p LCD HDTV | Denon AVR-1909 A/V Receiver | Paradigm Cinema70 5.1 Speakers | Sony BDP-S560 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV2
Your code works in the vertical menu, but not the horizontal.
Also I think there is a confilict with the video menu label.

I changed <item id="1"> to <item id="17"> and moved it to the end of the menu list.
now for the horizontal menu Oo
Sorry, that's cause I just set it up for the vertical menu.
Media PC (ASRock ION 330) - Intel ATOM 330 | 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz Memory | Seagate Momentus 320GB 5400.6RPM SATA Hard Drive | nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 LAN | Liteon DS-8A3S SATA DVDRW | nVidia ION Graphics | Microsoft Windows 7 32bit Ultimate | XBMC for Windows using Neon skin

Home Theatre System
Panasonic TC-32LX70 32" 720p LCD HDTV | Denon AVR-1909 A/V Receiver | Paradigm Cinema70 5.1 Speakers | Sony BDP-S560 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV2
I updated the file to support the horizontal menu and one small bug fix. Turns out when you change the id numbers it messes up the little info box that can appear on the bottom right. It's all fixed now.

Home Theatre System
Cheers Michael, simple copy and paste but nice to finish things of Wink
never realized so many people found this feature useful...
guess i'll have to add it to my todo list. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:never realized so many people found this feature useful...
guess i'll have to add it to my todo list. ;-)

At first I wasn't interested since I enabled DVD autoplay in XBMC settings but following the thread it has started to look as a nice addition. Smile

I specially like the fact that this option only shows up in the menu if a DVD (DVD-Video?) is inserted so not to confuse/take up space otherwise.

I imagine that there are useful scenarios for this feature and if present in a new T! release I may disable the autoplay since I notice that when XBMC starts it tries to display any DVD in the drive even if it's a data disc. (That brings up a really zoomed in icon Confused )

+1 for having this option Wink
i thought the 'play disk' button in the player controls (the ones you can bring up by pressing 'm' or 'menu' when a disc is inserted) was good enough for everyone.....but i guess i was wrong. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote: i thought the 'play disk' button in the player controls (the ones you can bring up by pressing 'm' or 'menu' when a disc is inserted) was good enough for everyone.....but i guess i was wrong. :-)

Big Grin I think that quite a few of us (me being the first) don't even know half of the options available in the zillion of menus / popups windows / context menus present on XBMC.
So Play DVD on the main menu perhaps add no missing feature but it's more of a "candy sugar" WAF thing.

Just to throw a quick couple of examples:

- I bound my remote to a button that displays the audio/subs menu while watching a movie so I can change them easily. Wrong, yesterday I spent half a minute trying to understand how should I go to select the audio option, then the tiny up/down arrows and then a new audio track. I'm sure it's easy but I don't even know the sequence I pulled up and probably will have to go through this exercise a couple of more times.

- I discovered that when you are moving through a list (ex: artists) if you keep pressing right eventually the cursor locks on the vertical scroll bar so from them on the up/down arrows moves the bar (faster scroll than going row to row). A feature I wasn't even aware of.

So really XBMC exposes so many options than sometimes the skinner may choose to "highlight" some of the most important giving them prime space on the main menu.

PS: I cannot wait to see how many cool things the new T! will bring. Wink
Thanks for this, very useful. Gonna give it a go on my xbox.
yadster Wrote:Thanks for this, very useful. Gonna give it a go on my xbox.

Tried it and it works perfectly on xbox using the horizontal menu. Thanks. Big Grin
adsoto Wrote:Big Grin I think that quite a few of us (me being the first) don't even know half of the options available in the zillion of menus / popups windows / context menus present on XBMC.
So Play DVD on the main menu perhaps add no missing feature but it's more of a "candy sugar" WAF thing.

That was the issue with me, until I saw this thread I was unaware of the m menu on the home page.

Home Theatre System

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play DVD Option?0