Play DVD Option?
I feel a bit stupid asking this.. but is there no 'Play DVD' option for this skin? Couldn't find anything in the Skin Settings (although you can launch from videos) - admittedly it's a rarity these days but the significant other still fwaps ye olde DVD on every now and then and I know she'll struggle with this.

xbmc-9.04.2+svn21936-jaunty1 / transparency 1.03

By the way, I LOVE this skin.. would like to echo clock2113's request about shortening the list of movies in fanart view but besides that.. well, this is a near perfect skin. Thanks for all your hard work.
There's no option for this right now, but you could do this.
Settings > System > Autoplay > Autoplay DVD-Video
and it will start a DVD whenever it's entered. That's even one less step than pressing a button.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
it's something i've overlooked. i thought you could use the player controls for that (they are available when a disk is in the drive, hit 'm' on keyboard or the menu button on remote) but apparently the play button doesn't work for actual disks.
i'll have to add an extra button to the controls for playing disks.

cheers for the report.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
nicoli_k Wrote:There's no option for this right now, but you could do this. Settings > System > Autoplay > Autoplay DVD-Video

I was so set on looking for a play DVD button I totally forgot about the autoplay. That'll definitely keep the missus sweet thanks.

I'll keep the menu in mind too (gotta get this pesky MCE remote configured for that button, keep forgetting) cheers again Ronie and keep up the good work.
Would certainly be useful to add a link on the home page for this. I had to disable the auto play since there is a new "feature" (although for me it is a bug) in the latest svn builds, that also starts to play a dvd when you start xbmc if there is a disc in the drive, rather than only when you insert the disc.

Cheers,

/R
I would like to always show the DVD option. For some reason it won't show up on my ASRock Ion 330. I do have auto play enabled on XBMC but would still like the option there on the home screen. How would I go about doing this?
Media PC (ASRock ION 330) - Intel ATOM 330 | 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz Memory | Seagate Momentus 320GB 5400.6RPM SATA Hard Drive | nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 LAN | Liteon DS-8A3S SATA DVDRW | nVidia ION Graphics | Microsoft Windows 7 32bit Ultimate | XBMC for Windows using Neon skin

Home Theatre System
Panasonic TC-32LX70 32" 720p LCD HDTV | Denon AVR-1909 A/V Receiver | Paradigm Cinema70 5.1 Speakers | Sony BDP-S560 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV2
Admiral Michael Wrote:I would like to always show the DVD option. For some reason it won't show up on my ASRock Ion 330. I do have auto play enabled on XBMC but would still like the option there on the home screen. How would I go about doing this?

you mean there's no 'Play Disc' button on the player controls if you press 'm' on your keyboard or 'menu' on your remote?
it should be the button on the right and it's only visible when there's a disc in the drive.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There is one there, I thought it's suppose to appear in the menu along with Videos, Music, Movies, etc. Is there a way to make it appear up there or is it hard to do?
Media PC (ASRock ION 330) - Intel ATOM 330 | 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz Memory | Seagate Momentus 320GB 5400.6RPM SATA Hard Drive | nVidia nForce 10/100/1000 LAN | Liteon DS-8A3S SATA DVDRW | nVidia ION Graphics | Microsoft Windows 7 32bit Ultimate | XBMC for Windows using Neon skin

Home Theatre System
Panasonic TC-32LX70 32" 720p LCD HDTV | Denon AVR-1909 A/V Receiver | Paradigm Cinema70 5.1 Speakers | Sony BDP-S560 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV2
Admiral Michael Wrote:There is one there, I thought it's suppose to appear in the menu along with Videos, Music, Movies, etc.

nope, it's not intended to work like that.
Admiral Michael Wrote:Is there a way to make it appear up there or is it hard to do?
yes, adding a button to the menu is a lot of work, the steps needed are detailed in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53547
Ah, ic. Thanks for the clarification. I've only recently started using this ski. I was using Mediastream before and it adds a DVD option to the home screen.

Home Theatre System
What would be the onclick value for playing a dvd?

EDIT: Never mind, grabbed the code from the Mediastream skin, even have it hiding when no disc is inserted. Thanks for the links, it helped alot.

EDIT2: How can I get the background to fade correctly, it doesn't seem to crossfade like the others. I added the DVD option to the top of the menu.

Home Theatre System
Admiral Michael Wrote:How can I get the background to fade correctly, it doesn't seem to crossfade like the others. I added the DVD option to the top of the menu.

it's hard to tell without seeing the entire code, but if you've specified the background in the same way as the other menu backgrounds, it should crossfade just fine.
maybe the filesize is a lot bigger than the others, so i takes longer to load?
I checked the file sizes, the dvd on was bigger, about 450kb compared to about 44kb. I also resized it so it has the same dimensions.

It works nicely now, thanks.

Home Theatre System
Could you share what you did and post up the code you tweaked for those of us not as smart. Confused

Please and thank you. Wink
kizer Wrote:Could you share what you did and post up the code you tweaked for those of us not as smart. Confused

Please and thank you. Wink

This is the code:

Code:
<item id="1">
  <label>DVD</label>
  <visible>System.HasMediadvd</visible>
  <onclick>XBMC.PlayDVD</onclick>
  <icon>special://skin/images/backgrounds/dvds.jpg</icon>
</item>

Here is the easy way:

http://www.michaelsoft.info/other/DVDHom...arency.rar

replace Includes_Home.xml in /skin/transparency!/720p
put dvd.jpg in /skin/transparency!/images/backgrounds

This will place a button labeled DVD on the top of the menu but only when a disc is present.

Note: I took this jpg file from the mediastream_redux theme and want to give them the appropriate credit.

You can use your own but make sure it's 960x540 and around 40kb otherwise it doesn't fade correctly.

Home Theatre System

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play DVD Option?0