Music Library Format
I am wondering how others set up there personal music collections.
I have been keeping mine by Album only
ie; I:\music\a-c\*ALBUM*\*SONGS*

I am wondering what you consider the best to work with XBMC (I am using my XBOX for playing my music from my server/mediaPC
[I would put everything thru the xbox if I could have a sound/video input]

Also would like to know what (if any) software you use to organize your library
I used MediaMonkey, but it made about 400 empty folders then moved all my music according to track number. I've done it manually since then.
music/artist/album/song is the *best* for XBMC, as it allows us to find artist fanart and artwork, if you should have it.

If you don't care about that, XBMC doesn't care about how you have your stuff organised.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i used to do artist first, but i had issues when i set my Library organizer to it, cuz all my albums with VARIOUS ARTISTS got separated then. So I started keeping all my multi-artist albums seperately, but then i realized how many had like 'featured' artists or guest artists

i hope people really respond to this tho, i wanna know some opinions about organization and organizers.
XBMC doesn't care if your albums are scattered over multiple folders (assuming you have tagged them with an album artist).

I personally do the album_artist/album/song formula, and thus use a various artists/album/song for compilations (which I don't have too many of).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

my biggest issue is i buy my cds and leave them in the plastic, i download everything i buy rather than take the time to rip every single cd, but noone has really agreed to start using a universal format for naming them.
Not sure whether this goes into this thread, but dont want to open a new one.

I have a question about the artist poster shown in XBMC. Most are getting automatically scraped and show a photo of the artist/band. However, I would very much prefert the way how itunes handles it (i.e., rotating album arts that has done been done by this artist). Do you know what I am refering and is this somehow possible within XBMC as well?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Not sure whether this goes into this thread, but dont want to open a new one.

I have a question about the artist poster shown in XBMC. Most are getting automatically scraped and show a photo of the artist/band. However, I would very much prefert the way how itunes handles it (i.e., rotating album arts that has done been done by this artist). Do you know what I am refering and is this somehow possible within XBMC as well?

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Not possible.

You're welcome to put an image in the artist folder that you'd prefer.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Format0