Media Flagging
I'm currently running the regular version on my xbox currently running v1.0, but is going to change to v1.03and its pretty darn fast. Some of the media flagging is a bit off, but I'm guessing thats probably my fault on some of it, but none the less it works pretty well.

I hate to kick a horse on this one, but is there a standard at which our files should be named for the media flagging to work correctly meaning HD, SD, 2.0, 5.1 and so forth? I looked in the FAQ and there wasn't a mention of it and tried to follow the Media Flagging post thats in the first topic and I didn't really see an answer. I'll try and find it in the wiki just in case its in there some where. or is this an NFO thing.
kizer Wrote:I'm currently running the regular version on my xbox currently running v1.0, but is going to change to v1.03and its pretty darn fast. Some of the media flagging is a bit off, but I'm guessing thats probably my fault on some of it, but none the less it works pretty well.

I hate to kick a horse on this one, but is there a standard at which our files should be named for the media flagging to work correctly meaning HD, SD, 2.0, 5.1 and so forth? I looked in the FAQ and there wasn't a mention of it and tried to follow the Media Flagging post thats in the first topic and I didn't really see an answer. I'll try and find it in the wiki just in case its in there some where. or is this an NFO thing.

it's neither of those and all of the above...
it's mainly native, but that won't do you any good, since you're using an xbox.

the only thing Transparency! reads from the filename is the source tag:
For DVD you have to have either SDDVD, .iso or .ifo in your movies filename.
For Blu-Ray you need BLURAY, BLU-RAY, or BRRIP in your movies filename.
For HDDvd you need HDDVD in your movies filename.
For SDTV you need SDTV or TVRip in your movies filename.
For HDTV you need HDTV or PDTV in your movies filename.

finally there's support for, as you say, 'the nfo thing'.
but that's likely to disappear in one of the next releases.
it's still there because native isn't supported on the xbox, but at the same time i'm getting reports from xbox users it's causing their cpu to go through the roof, so i don't see any point in keeping it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok, I hear you ronie. It sounds like I'll just leave things alone and enjoy what I got. Wink
I'm finding that all my vidoes are showing up as DVD even thou they are mostly .avi with some .iso's. I'll do some tinkering by removing/adding new video to see what does and what doesn't change. I basically copied the database from an older build into the newest build and who knows what that does or doesn't do. hahahaha

I had to look around to really understand what the word native meant since I've always ignored the media flagging because well I didn't have a skin worth looking at them for the longest time.
kizer Wrote:I'm finding that all my vidoes are showing up as DVD even thou they are mostly .avi with some .iso's.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that.
if no source tag is in the filename, Transparency! will try to guess what the source is. there's a small error in the dvd detection code that will be fixed in the next release.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Should I change them to moviename.divx.avi or moviename.xvid.avi in the file name for it to show up correctly or not even bother? I mean its not a super big deal since native flagging is sorta wacked out anyways for xbox.

Or does your before mentioned bug fix address that anyways?

I will tell you that your skin flies on the xbox even using the regular version.
kizer Wrote:Should I change them to moviename.divx.avi or moviename.xvid.avi in the file name for it to show up correctly or not even bother? I mean its not a super big deal since native flagging is sorta wacked out anyways for xbox.

Or does your before mentioned bug fix address that anyways?

I will tell you that your skin flies on the xbox even using the regular version.

ah, you've got two things mixed up, source and video-codec.
source can only be: dvd, hddvd, blu-ray, sdtv or hdtv.

divx and xvid are video-codecs and are not read from the filename by Transparency!
so for instance, if your movie is a blu-ray rip, you should rename the file to moviename.bluray.avi
Ah I see. I'm pretty good with the codecs I just didn't know how you would display the format of the video on the screen or if it even does.

I'll play with it some and then come back with some more knowledge and of course questions. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flagging0