My XBMC HTPC Build
have recently put together a few XBMC setups for customers, and wanted to share in case others were looking for a solid, works "out of the box" 1080P setup.

Micro-ATX HTPC case
Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H mobo
Celeron E1500
2GB DDR2-800 ram
Patriot Xporter 8GB USB flash
Lite-On DVDROM
MCE-compatible remote

I also swapped the case and CPU fans for some silent ones, and installed the remote IR sensor internally.

This setup, while not the cheapest you can get, will give you flawless 1080p playback from all sources, even those not currently accelerated by VDPAU. Works "out of the box" with XBMC Live perfectly*.

* may require a one-line tweak to xorg.conf for 1080p/60 on some setups, and an update to Alsa for HDMI audio
Matt, specs look good. I think the marginal price increase for the E5200 is worth it. The heat and power consumption increases are minor, and you get much more flexibility for the GUI and Plugins.
what is the cost for this? approx?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:what is the cost for this? approx?

adding the components listed comes to ~$333 + s/h
nm
Looking good, nice!
Exclamation 
I assume you've been running this hardware with a Linux OS setup.

How good would it perform with a Win2k2, XP or Vista setup tho is my question... Nerd
Looks really nice.. I'm currently searching for a homeserver / xbmc htpc combo (linux) and this might be the thing I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing!
Epox Wrote:I assume you've been running this hardware with a Linux OS setup.

How good would it perform with a Win2k2, XP or Vista setup tho is my question... Nerd

If you replace the Celeron E1500 cpu with a E5300 then it will be fine with Windows too (avoid Vista though, rather use Win7 or XP).

I know a couple of persons who followed the linuxtech.net example HTPC build but are using it with Windows instead and it works great too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC HTPC Build0