Xbmc skin editor
(2012-08-03, 23:41)tiben20 Wrote: Also if i have at least 2 request for a textures.xbt unpacker i will make it. It is a small addition to the current code

+1
thx for all the work you put in.
feature idea: some overview about all controls with id´s attached
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-08-03, 23:52)mad-max Wrote: Found this right now and must say, it looks promising...
Will give it a go...

Just one question:
I saw you were using the HTTP API...is this something you should use?
I mean, it will be removed soon...

Maybe a dev can enlighten us a bit more about alternatives...
it was a solution found in around 10 minutes and it work with current master so i just ran with it

(2012-08-04, 01:47)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-03, 23:41)tiben20 Wrote: Also if i have at least 2 request for a textures.xbt unpacker i will make it. It is a small addition to the current code

+1
thx for all the work you put in.
feature idea: some overview about all controls with id´s attached
Yeah seems easy to do. Tinyxml is making it easy to do.
For the unpacker it should be done when i find out how to create a temporary png with the texture in it for previewing. There so many way to work with images. direct3d ,direct2d, directdraw, gdi+, libsdl image..... just need to pick the easiest one.
Just had another thought when you mentioned about images and direct3d: I would love to see a preview of animations directly inside the image preview window. Going with that, perhaps we could have animation presets -- auto filled fields for common animations; 'Flip horizontal', 'Flip vertical', 'Spin 360', etc.

+10 internets for you if you can pull it off. Challenge accepted? Tongue

Also, +1 for Phil65's idea of an overview of object ids. It'd be great to get a list to make sure we don't have multiple objects with the same id.
...or also a list which shows all built-in controls for the actual window xml, perhaps marking the ones which are not integrated yet.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)

+1

There you go... you got 3!! Big Grin

Cheers for your hard work mate. Skinners best friend! Wink
(2012-08-04, 10:54)liquidskin76 Wrote:

+1

I will go with sdl for extracting texture since the texturepacker use sdl_image. I didn't think so many skinner would have requested this. I was expecting those request coming from people who were not already skilled skinners. Tongue

(2012-08-04, 04:40)Sranshaft Wrote: Just had another thought when you mentioned about images and direct3d: I would love to see a preview of animations directly inside the image preview window. Going with that, perhaps we could have animation presets -- auto filled fields for common animations; 'Flip horizontal', 'Flip vertical', 'Spin 360', etc.

Also, +1 for Phil65's idea of an overview of object ids. It'd be great to get a list to make sure we don't have multiple objects with the same id.

I will look into the xbmc code to see how they are doing it. Good thing is that i am familiar with direct3d since i written many dxva codec , two dxva wrapper, many directshow d3d renderer and many other things using direct3d. The things is i don't know if a notepad++ plugin can use a direct3d window but if it can be done it will be done Tongue

(2012-08-04, 09:52)phil65 Wrote: ...or also a list which shows all built-in controls for the actual window xml, perhaps marking the ones which are not integrated yet.
I didn't think about that but its a good idea its the kind of addition that need a lot of writing without really the need of c++ skills to make it work.

The other additions i am planning to do or try to do
-I will also add like in the vb xbmc skin editor a combobox where you can select the onleft onright... id to the control you already have in the window.
-I will make a list of the window like home.xml or videoosd.xml and if they are not in the xml folder( 720p or whatever the name you have for it) it can add it with the basic structure for that window
-I really want a docking dialog where you can do like vs studio dock under a docked window and be able to resize it like a split panel in .net. The current code for the docking dialog class is an interface coming from notepad++ code but i think it can be modified to what i need.

The only thing i regret about this plugin is that notepad++ is windows only but i think that most skin developers are using windows.

(2012-08-04, 13:15)tiben20 Wrote: -I really want a docking dialog where you can do like vs studio dock under a docked window and be able to resize it like a split panel in .net. The current code for the docking dialog class is an interface coming from notepad++ code but i think it can be modified to what i need.

That's one thing I was really hoping for and it's something I really love when I'm using Visual Studio. I hate having to switch back and forth between the image tab and the control tab. Fingers crossed that it's possible! Big Grin

Thanks for taking a look at the possibility of adding the animation preview. Really looking forward to it, if you can. Animations are one of the biggest issues I have when dealing with XBMC and anything that makes that easier would be a godsend.

(2012-08-04, 13:15)tiben20 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 10:54)liquidskin76 Wrote:

+1

I will go with sdl for extracting texture since the texturepacker use sdl_image. I didn't think so many skinner would have requested this. I was expecting those request coming from people who were not already skilled skinners. Tongue

(2012-08-04, 04:40)Sranshaft Wrote: Just had another thought when you mentioned about images and direct3d: I would love to see a preview of animations directly inside the image preview window. Going with that, perhaps we could have animation presets -- auto filled fields for common animations; 'Flip horizontal', 'Flip vertical', 'Spin 360', etc.

I will look into the xbmc code to see how they are doing it. Good thing is that i am familiar with direct3d since i written many dxva codec , two dxva wrapper, many directshow d3d renderer and many other things using direct3d. The things is i don't know if a notepad++ plugin can use a direct3d window but if it can be done it will be done Tongue

(2012-08-04, 09:52)phil65 Wrote: ...or also a list which shows all built-in controls for the actual window xml, perhaps marking the ones which are not integrated yet.
I didn't think about that but its a good idea its the kind of addition that need a lot of writing without really the need of c++ skills to make it work.

The other additions i am planning to do or try to do
-I will also add like in the vb xbmc skin editor a combobox where you can select the onleft onright... id to the control you already have in the window.
-I will make a list of the window like home.xml or videoosd.xml and if they are not in the xml folder( 720p or whatever the name you have for it) it can add it with the basic structure for that window
-I really want a docking dialog where you can do like vs studio dock under a docked window and be able to resize it like a split panel in .net. The current code for the docking dialog class is an interface coming from notepad++ code but i think it can be modified to what i need.

The only thing i regret about this plugin is that notepad++ is windows only but i think that most skin developers are using windows.

notepad++ runs fine with wine afaik (although i know that this is not perfect solution for linux users)
Great work! The notepad + + plugins is a real easement.

THX

really great +1

greetz
the texture extraction is being quite a bitch right now. I have no clue how to copy it correctly. I hope it won' take too long. I tried 3 different technique and the output was always not what i was expecting. I might need to read some documentation before being able to do it right.
Nice with some testing i discovered it is possible to render a simple direct3d animation into any window you created. Even a docked dialog in notepad++. I just need some more work and the texture rendering from textures.xbt will work
with this i will also be able to apply diffuse in the previewer

Update:
I did it it is rendering as expected i will do the texture unpacked now
That's awesome news mate! Thanks for all your hard work. This should make things so much easier. Smile +10 internets for you as promised and a beer if you're ever in the Melbourne, Australia area.
i am from quebec,canada on the other side of the world entirelyTongue

New compiled version from rev 35.
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-skin-edito...akechanges
This version has a xbt extractor included in it.
I forgot to fix a small bug you need to open the dialog xbmc image previewer to be able to use the extractor. I added the Extract xbt command into the dialog Xbmc Tester right under where i had the test window command
I used an uncommon way to extract the files. The texture is loaded into a direct3d texture and then they are saved from the texture into a png file.
The good thing is it keep the transparency and the extraction process is fast. On my test i used aeon nox which as around 3972 file in the xbt file. It took around 35 sec to extract the entire xbt.
The files are not overwritten

Dont worry if you see command prompt window while your extracting its only the folder creator i used. The first function i had to make the folder didn't work when it had to create 2 folder like c:\extraction\icons\flags if icons didnt exist it couldn't create the falgs directory. I will change that in the future but it was a fast solution to use mkdir from the command prompt.
The process has no loading dialog notepad will lock until its done, don't try to move the window because the direct3d device will crash and the extraction process might not complete.

Also at the same time i changed the way the image previewer was showing the image. It is also using direct3d to render the texture like xbmc does.

Just added a loading dialog while extracting its going to be in the next compiled version it is already commited in svn.
If anyone tried to compile the plugin and failed while doing so. Report the problem i will try to fix it.
Move every discution regarding the notepad++ plugin to this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137855

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc skin editor1