[APPLE TV & MAC] OSD Subtitle Downloader Script
This is depreciated now, please visit this thread for the new versions

Hi all,

Just to start of by saying that I am in no way developer.

One thing I was missing a lot on XBMC was ability to download subtitles while watching a movie. Now I can Smile

This script will allow you to download subtitles of a movie that you currently watching by entering OSD menu and selecting "Bookmark menu" button.I chose Bookmark button because I am not using that function.

MediaStream_Redux

Zeljko
The plugin XSubtitles contains Opensubtitles and Sublight.So that part isn't new.And does opensubtitles use the same website as Boxees Opensubtitle?I think it 's a good idea that you place the subtitle plugin/script on the osd menu.Maybe it would better to request this as a custom script option in the skin settings.
tikkiew Wrote:The plugin XSubtitles contains Opensubtitles and Sublight.And does opensubtitles use the same website as Boxees Opensubtitle?I think it 's a good idea that you place the subtitle plugin/script on the osd menu.Maybe it would better to request this as a custom script option in the skin settings.

Yes, both scripts use the same website to fetch the subtitles.

It would be nice to see this option as part of the XBMC.

Zeljko
Pretty cool script.

Don't suppose you know how to make it work for win32 or xbox?
greatant1337 Wrote:Pretty cool script.

Have you tried it on win32 or xbox?

I only have Mac and Apple TV to test on.

Zeljko
greatant1337 Wrote:Pretty cool script.

Hi,

Give it a try on Windows now.

It works but for the subtitle filed that are zipped in a folder it crashes.

Please try it and let me know.

Zeljko
@amet
I can't seem to be able to download the script from http://www.exhibit-a.co.za/XBMC/OpenSubtitles_OSD.zip...

Have you considered uploading it to XBMCZone.com?
Dan Dare Wrote:@amet
I can't seem to be able to download the script from http://www.exhibit-a.co.za/XBMC/OpenSubtitles_OSD.zip...

Have you considered uploading it to XBMCZone.com?

there is a new thread... http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56083

its all there now

it is on XBMC repo installer as well.

Quote:Have you considered uploading it to XBMCZone.com?

I will look in to it. If you have more details or how-to let me know

Zeljko
Thanks Amet, I'll get it from there.

It's fairly easy to upload to XBMCZone.com - go to the main page, in the top-right side there is a "Extension Developers - Log In", it will take you to a page where you can create an account. Once logged in, you can use the Upload button at the top to take you to a page where you can enter details on the script/plugin, choose the file and click upload and that's it, it'll be available then on the website as well as in the XBMC Zone installer (http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46631).

It just happens that I wrote the installer and I'm co admining the website with the owner Shannon - it's still a good place to upload your plugin in there. There's quite a few people visiting the site or using the installer, some addons have been download a few good thousands of times.
Dan Dare Wrote:Thanks Amet, I'll get it from there.

It's fairly easy to upload to XBMCZone.com - go to the main page, in the top-right side there is a "Extension Developers - Log In", it will take you to a page where you can create an account. Once logged in, you can use the Upload button at the top to take you to a page where you can enter details on the script/plugin, choose the file and click upload and that's it, it'll be available then on the website as well as in the XBMC Zone installer (http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46631).

It just happens that I wrote the installer and I'm co admining the website with the owner Shannon - it's still a good place to upload your plugin in there. There's quite a few people visiting the site or using the installer, some addons have been download a few good thousands of times.

I have added it to XBMC zone... Thanks a lot for the info.

Zeljko
Good stuff. Btw, you can add <br/> instead of new lines in the description / instructions, even it will complain at first you should be able to update the record. It looks ok in the installer, the text is not lined correctly when reading from the website though. You can always go and update the description without a need to read-upload the file.
Dan Dare Wrote:Good stuff. Btw, you can add <br/> instead of new lines in the description / instructions, even it will complain at first you should be able to update the record. It looks ok in the installer, the text is not lined correctly when reading from the website though. You can always go and update the description without a need to read-upload the file.

Thank for the tip.... fixed now.

Have you tried the script?

I have been talking to macofaco and integrating the Sublight service in it .... It will be done in a next version.

If you have time I could send you the beta to have a look. Let me know.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Zeljko
I'd say that would make a lot of people very happy, I don't have much time to do further development on the two plugins and people say your script is working fine on SMB shares, good job! I'm trying it right now.
Dan Dare Wrote:I'd say that would make a lot of people very happy, I don't have much time to do further development on the two plugins and people say your script is working fine on SMB shares, good job! I'm trying it right now.

Great!! let me know how you find it.

And thanks again for all your help.

Zeljko
Maybe in a join effort with the XBMC developers and skin developers you can introduce a a new button for subtitles, where you can hook up your scrip and any other subtitle scripts people might develop (some non-English speaking people have other subtitle websites). Also some people complained that is a bit confusing that subtitle settings are in the audio button, I know, debatable, but still, might make sense. Well done anyways!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV & MAC] OSD Subtitle Downloader Script0