[Apple TV] 2.4 - XBMC 9.04.1 Set to 480P
My prior use of XBMC was on 2.3 with 8. My ATV auto-updated, and I applied a new patchstic today using the b10 patchstick with the later Apple dmg.

Everything worked pretty well, but XBMC comes up in in 480P- i.e. it's running inside a smaller window inside the launcher.

I tried the video settings as follows:

1080i was too big. I managed to get back to 480P. I then tried 720P 16:9, and XBMC comes up blank. However, I can here the menu beeps from pushing the AppleTV remote buttons.

I see another post suggesting updating launcher. Did that. Another suggests 720 Full-Screen. I'll try that. My questions are:
1. how do I reset XBMC (can't see anything)? Is there a settings file I can modify via ssh?
2. Is this an issue with XBMC 9 or ATV 2.4? Should I consider downgrading?

I've turned off auto-update to avoid early migration in the future.

Thanks,
Nick
I tried installed Launcher again and it fixed the issue.

I'm guessing after applying patch stick, you should update XBMC then launcher. Maybe the XMBC update overwrites the launcher update?

Anyway- everything is now peachy.

Thanks,
Nick
vanweerd Wrote:I tried installed Launcher again and it fixed the issue.

I'm guessing after applying patch stick, you should update XBMC then launcher. Maybe the XBMC update overwrites the launcher update?

Anyway- everything is now peachy.

Thanks,
Nick

Other way around, Always update Luncher first. Then install/update XBMC.
That's what I did originally- launcher then XBMC. I reinstalled launcher, and then it started working. Maybe my original launcher install failed.

Thanks,
Nick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] 2.4 - XBMC 9.04.1 Set to 480P0