plea for help. lost dashboard!
My first and only request for help out there!
I already softmodded my xbox.. had XBMC installed.. and attempted to upgrade by using Auto Installer Deluxe.
After formatting my hard drives, I tried to re-install the MS dashboard... and none of them worked.
Now I'm getting error 13.. which explained to me is this:
Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed

I'm told you can use the dashupdate found on most new xbox games.
But I'm not sure which ones would qualify or where to start!

Is my box dead in the waterHuh
Most boot discs are intended for use with hardmodded consoles (which can function regardless of the contents of the drive). Softmods require certain files to be in place, so formatting the drive... well, yeah. It can be done, it's just not a good idea unless you already know how to recover from such things. Wink

Error 13, in layman's terms, means the console simply can't boot the dash. This may be because the drive is badly formatted, the dash is corrupted, or the files simply aren't there. The later option is the most likely in your case.

To use a game in an attempt to restore the dash, you grab any Live capable game, boot it up and attempt to log on. You don't need an account (or even a network cable plugged in), the upgrader should kick in automatically. For the latest MS dash, use either Halo 2 or anything released later then that.

Note that if a system throwing error 13 forgets the time (say you unplug it from mains power), it'll switch to error 16 and refuse to boot game discs.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Well, After loading Halo2 and never getting a dash-fix, i unplugged it and now have an error 16 (like you predicted).
Is there some use of the xbox now? or is it useless? Anyone have a suggestion I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hardmod it, get a slayers disc and rebuild the drive.

Or find a modded xbox and hotswap the drive to fix it.

Did you backup your eeprom somewhere? Its something you should always do.
You could alternatively stick the drive in a PC and fix it, either by hotswapping or (if you can get it) by using the EEPROM to unlock/relock the drive safely.

Once in and accessible, you'd either use Xplorer360 or XBoxHDM to install a clean MS dash. To get this, take the AID ISO file, and use Qwix to extract the contents. The files you're after look like this.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plea for help. lost dashboard!0