best small case with most I/O options?
I suppose I have some tall demands for such a small case. I have a mini ITX motherboard (Intel DG45FC) and a case (Apex MI-008). Now this is really small, and that's all well and good, but I'm looking for smaller :-)

My dream case would be about this size:
http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-m...8Ta38Paxz0

But I'd like for it to have enough room inside for a full 3.5" hard drive. I'd also like it just a tad bit bigger in order to fit a low profile PCI-E card in (I'd love to pick up a Hauppauge HVR-2250 to fit in my box).

Optical drive isn't really necessary, as I have a 5.25" Blu-Ray drive (obviously too big for this case) that I'll hook up via eSATA. I'd love to fit a slim ODD in there for when I can afford a slim Blu-Ray drive, but I'll settle for keeping that bit external.

I understand this is may be very unrealistic, but I'm curious as to if anyone knows of a magical case that is very small with room for a low profile expansion card and a 3.5" hard drive. I may have to cave and get the M350 and suck it up and buy a 2.5" hard drive and USB TV tuners.
I'm looking at this case, but only because I'm getting the Zotac Ion N330.

I'm given to understand that pretty much anything else will generate too much heat in such a small case.

I know that doesn't help much, but the TV tuner cards in particularly will likely put out a fair amount of heat. Add to that the CPU and GPU and you could be a bit melty.
Has anyone confirmed that you can run an ION 330 in an M350 case without additional fans? I've searched some threads and I've seen some allusions to it being possible but no actual testimony.
Levvy Wrote:Has anyone confirmed that you can run an ION 330 in an M350 case without additional fans? I've searched some threads and I've seen some allusions to it being possible but no actual testimony.

Without additional fans, yes. Without any fans on the 230, yes. Without the fan on the chipset on the 330, no.

I'm running the ION 330 in an M350. The fan is not optional, contrary to what Zotac says. And it is a little bit noisy, so I'm trying to find a quiet replacement fan.
Run it at 7v and you're done.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best small case with most I/O options?0