Failed to start, microsoft gfx driver detected
I want to make note that before I decided to post something, I attempted to look for and find the solution to my problem, but could not.

My issues is as follows:

I have 2 identical machines. Exactly the same hardware with the exception for hard drives. One machine is running windows 7, the other is running xp pro.

My graphics adapter is an Intel 82865G, with the most up to date driver.

My problem is this, XBMC runs perfectly without any issues on my XP machine, but I get the fatal error, default Microsoft drivers detected, please install driver from vendor.

I understand it is an older graphics adapter, and would be understandable is XBMC just did not run period, but why will it not run on my windows 7 machine? The driver is the same driver as my xp machine as that is also the driver for vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jbhx Wrote:I want to make note that before I decided to post something, I attempted to look for and find the solution to my problem, but could not.

My issues is as follows:

I have 2 identical machines. Exactly the same hardware with the exception for hard drives. One machine is running windows 7, the other is running xp pro.

My graphics adapter is an Intel 82865G, with the most up to date driver.

My problem is this, XBMC runs perfectly without any issues on my XP machine, but I get the fatal error, default Microsoft drivers detected, please install driver from vendor.

I understand it is an older graphics adapter, and would be understandable is XBMC just did not run period, but why will it not run on my windows 7 machine? The driver is the same driver as my xp machine as that is also the driver for vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

post a debug log so we can see what's going on
Intel stopped support for that chipset back in 2007; the drivers you are using are those provided by Microsoft that do not support anything more than OpenGL 1.1. You can try downloading the XP drivers (Intel never made Vista drivers for that chipset) from Intel, but I don't know if those will work under Win7.

-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to start, microsoft gfx driver detected0