[XBOX]4 year old xbmc update
i recently found my xbox that i had likee 4 years ago and it got put into storage so when i tried to start it up it worked and has an xbmc version from 05' how do i go about updating pretty much all the software on my xbox. it was tsop flashed years ago not much done to it. i was hoping there is already like a compiled disk that will do that for me.
thanks in advance
You want to start from scratch, basically nothing from a build of XBMC that old is compatible today. There's a guide in the wiki for doing this. As for the other SW on there, see xbox-scene.com, that stuff is OT here.
i tried lookin on how to do this could u direct me a little better with a link?
id appreciate it
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Installing_XBMC_for_Xbox
thanks!
i cant figure out how to find the ip address to my xbox im behing a router and i opened the port on it for the xbox but the address is the thing i cant figure out its setup as a dhcp automatic
192.168.0.3 is the default I.P. for the xbox once it is modded.

But XBMC can get one automatically if the network settings are set to get it from DHCP.
i know i have it set to dchp and it gets the rss feed from x-s and everything so i know its connected but all my software is from 05 so im tryin to ftp in with smartftp and swap everything with new software but i cant figure out how to ftp in with smartftp i dont know the host address or path...
ok i got into it but i was thinkin that since everything on it is so old is there like a slayer disk out there that is recent so i can just wipe my hd and install that fresh?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=hosed
I would not, unless you really really want to.
Just install XBMC in another directory (do not overwrite the 05 version) and point to it afterwards (depending on your preferred boot order/method).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX]4 year old xbmc update0