• 3(current)
Translations - Looking for help!
Hi, First off, as you know, I am new to Transparency and I think it is FANTASTIC. I have absolutely no problem with someone else checking my translation corrections as I understand it to be a collaborative effort. While we are on the subject of translations, I have French titles in my library and there is something strange in the way titles appear in the View modes that display titles in uppercase(Fanart, Icons, Coverflow and Slide). I checked the font.ttf files that are used and they contain the proper capitalized letters but the on screen display is not correct. Example: UN LONG DIMANCHE DE FIANçAILLE

Any ideas ?
jpf55 Wrote:Hi, First off, as you know, I am new to Transparency and I think it is FANTASTIC. I have absolutely no problem with someone else checking my translation corrections as I understand it to be a collaborative effort.

i didn't mean you in person, i just meant to say that it wouldn't hurt someone reviews the translations of someone else. ;-)

jpf55 Wrote:While we are on the subject of translations, I have French titles in my library and there is something strange in the way titles appear in the View modes that display titles in uppercase(Fanart, Icons, Coverflow and Slide). I checked the font.ttf files that are used and they contain the proper capitalized letters but the on screen display is not correct. Example: UN LONG DIMANCHE DE FIANçAILLE

i just checked in PM3.HD, different skin, different font, same problem.
let's just blame xbmc!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did not take it personally Smile
Is there a way to deactivate capitalization?
jpf55 Wrote:I did not take it personally Smile
Is there a way to deactivate capitalization?

not really...you'd have to browse the code in all the Views***.xml files
and remove the [UPPERCASE]....[/UPPERCASE] from the label controls.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Fanstastic, that works like a charm, plus I only had to do it to the Slide view since that's the one I use because it has everything one one screen.
Thanks

addendum: I was able to create an Automator workflow to do just that for future updates
Hi

You are right to not say who is making the best translation Big Grin
Because some people can not be agree with you and after speak bad ... it is not really important lol
For my part, for exemple, i have a bad english lol

But for the french translation, i want to say, for finishing, because after you will choose what you want ...
I have many think about i have write to:

- Mode sécurisé (is a beautifull french)
- Mode sans échec (is the Windows name, i think it is not the best choice)

- Élargir les boutons du menu latéral (is a real french)
- Menu latéral boutons larges (is not, it is in french "parler comme une vache espagnole")
I think mine is longer, but can take place in the configuration menu, it is not because we write in a manu we must break our beautifull langage Sad

- Temps restant (speak about the time in rest befaore the end of the film)
- Heure de fin (speak just to say at what time the film will be end ... it is not the same in french!)

We have a langage very complicated, the same words can have many significations ... crop the sentences to make it less longuer can change the meaning Sad
If a software have a bad translation we understand nothing, it is better to use english one lol

You make what you want, but for one time i wish a software have beautifull french and not "du petit negre" Sad
I know "small Negro" is pejorative, but it is nothing personnal, it is just a french old expression

Finaly, i see other "bad french sentance" if you want i correct them in your skin Wink
Bye
JPF55 Wrote:there is something strange in the way titles appear in the View modes that display titles in uppercase(Fanart, Icons, Coverflow and Slide)

ronie Wrote:i just checked in PM3.HD, different skin, different font, same problem.
let's just blame xbmc!

That also occurs in spanish, for example "CAMIóN" instead of "CAMIÓN", "AñO" instead of "AÑO", etc

BTW, personally I do not like that forced uppercase at all (neither in Transparency! nor in PM3.HD)... could you please make that an option? I prefer the original file's case, is more aesthetically pleasing and also takes less space on screen.

And of course many thanks, it is a GREAT skin and with a remarkable progression in its short time of existence!
ronie Wrote:not really...you'd have to browse the code in all the Views***.xml files
and remove the [UPPERCASE]....[/UPPERCASE] from the label controls.

I answered before reading this Big Grin

So I should simply find and delete all [UPPERCASE] and [/UPPERCASE] in every Views***.xml file? I could make a script for that... it will not break any functionality, right?
ronie Wrote:yep, i'm used to having all my software in english, so i would probably suck at translating it to dutch myself. ;-)

Ghehe... I also prefer English btw.

Well, i'm almost done. Will check the labels tonight on my xbox to see if they fit ok... (Why is translating english strings to short Dutch strings such a pain in the ****? Or is the English language that good? Rolleyes)
pko66 Wrote:BTW, personally I do not like that forced uppercase at all (neither in Transparency! nor in PM3.HD)... could you please make that an option? I prefer the original file's case, is more aesthetically pleasing and also takes less space on screen.

pko66 Wrote:So I should simply find and delete all [UPPERCASE] and [/UPPERCASE] in every Views***.xml file? I could make a script for that... it will not break any functionality, right?

i'll check how thing look without the caps in those views.
i might as well remove them myself in the next release

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back on topic please: Translations!
darknior Wrote:Hi

You are right to not say who is making the best translation Big Grin
Because some people can not be agree with you and after speak bad ... it is not really important lol
For my part, for exemple, i have a bad english lol

But for the french translation, i want to say, for finishing, because after you will choose what you want ...
I have many think about i have write to:

- Mode sécurisé (is a beautifull french)
- Mode sans échec (is the Windows name, i think it is not the best choice)

- Élargir les boutons du menu latéral (is a real french)
- Menu latéral boutons larges (is not, it is in french "parler comme une vache espagnole")
I think mine is longer, but can take place in the configuration menu, it is not because we write in a manu we must break our beautifull langage Sad

- Temps restant (speak about the time in rest befaore the end of the film)
- Heure de fin (speak just to say at what time the film will be end ... it is not the same in french!)

We have a langage very complicated, the same words can have many significations ... crop the sentences to make it less longuer can change the meaning Sad
If a software have a bad translation we understand nothing, it is better to use english one lol

You make what you want, but for one time i wish a software have beautifull french and not "du petit negre" Sad
I know "small Negro" is pejorative, but it is nothing personnal, it is just a french old expression

Finaly, i see other "bad french sentance" if you want i correct them in your skin Wink
Bye

No i understand why you prefer your translation...i just copy/paste the wrong file ^^ lol....what a boulet ^^

but im still thinking we have to remove some words and we dont have to translate literraly

PS: "small negro" pejorative....i dont think so....but, nevermind Wink
And please, dont translate "comics" , lol, most of us are not reading some "franco-belge" "bandes-dessinées" , Comics are Comics, BD is BD, Manga are Manga

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

<string id="31019">Theater</string>

<string id="31115">Mode sécurisé</string>
<string id="31116">Menu latéral - Boutons larges</string>
<string id="31117">Menu Principal - Boutons larges</string>
<string id="31118">Menu principal horizontal</string>
<string id="31119">Menu vidéos - Utiliser le mode fichier</string>
<string id="31120">Désactiver le menu options</string>
<string id="31121">Personnaliser</string>
<string id="31122">Conditionnel</string>
<string id="31124">Montrer les Fanart plutôt que visualisation</string>
<string id="31125">Activer les cdArt</string>
<string id="31126">Activer les clearArt</string>
<string id="31127">Accès Répertoire Musique</string>
<string id="31128">Accès Répertoire Séries TV</string>
<string id="31129">Accès Répertoire Films</string>
<string id="31130">Accès Apple Movie Trailers</string>
<string id="31131">Activer le plugin Weather.com Plus</string>
<string id="31132">Activer le script Home Theater Experience</string>
<string id="31133">Utiliser tri par Artistes - Albums triés par albums</string>
<string id="31134">Arrières-plans animés</string>
<string id="31135">Icônes météo animées</string>
<string id="31136">Afficher les icônes de genres</string>
<string id="31137">Afficher les Media-flags</string>
<string id="31138">Personnaliser le menu Eteindre</string>
<string id="31139">Séries TV - Utiliser les posters</string>
<string id="31140">Je déteste Transparency!</string>

<string id="31035">Diaporama</string>
<string id="31036">Polaroïd</string>
<string id="31037">Carrousel</string>

<string id="31050">Temps restant</string>

<string id="31400">Nouveautés</string>
<string id="31401">Plugins</string>
<string id="31402">Emulateurs</string>
<string id="31403">Trailers</string>
<string id="31404">Bandes annonces</string>
<string id="31405">Comics</string
Ok excelent, i LOVE this translation Big Grin
Thanks for your work Big Grin

And there are some others litle errors in the actualy TRANSPARANCY ... we can correct them also if you want RONIE Wink
Like "Désactiver" to replace "Non" in the MENU SETUP Big Grin

Bye
darknior Wrote:And there are some others litle errors in the actualy TRANSPARANCY ... we can correct them also if you want RONIE Wink
Like "Désactiver" to replace "Non" in the MENU SETUP Big Grin

the new menu settings layout will be slightly different in the next release.

Disabled menu items
- Videos
- Movies
- TV Shows
etc...

so i've removed the 'no' from every menu item
Yeah the NO kinda confused me at first. Like it should of been select to show not select to disable. Kinda used to it now, but future users might be a little thrown off.
Ok, thanks, you're excelent guy lol
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Translations - Looking for help!0