dialog.select question
I've manage to create a dynamic list (calculated date) of URLs using dialog.select
it works fine, when a selection is made the index is fetched and then the right url is played.
But I would like that after few seconds, the first one in the list is automatically selected and played. How can I do that?

thanks,
I believe there is initial support for doing this with the Yes/No dialog (and a couple of other dialogs) but not with the select dialog. It's also not exposed to python.

I think a patch would be required for this. I'm not sure if auto-choosing the first option is always the best thing to do or not.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thank you Jonathan,
I think the default one to choose is not an issue, it would be scripted, so any kind of logic can be used.

Ok, if it is not supported I would like then to create a playlist "on the fly", is that possible (I create a thread there : http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55967) ?

Also, is it possible to try to play an url and if it fail catch it and try to play another URL?

the fact is that sometimes daily shows are not always available at the same time so if the url fails, I can open the previous show... can it be?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dialog.select question0