[CONCEPT] Concrete
Another problem I found is that when I watch it fullscreen on my PC (that I think has a 16:10 aspect ratio) the whole thing gets deformed, so the angles look all weird... I had to set XBMC to windowed mode and force 720p 16:9...

Is there anyway to tell XBMC to letterbox the skin if the display is not 16:9?
watzen Wrote:sure... gimme a couple of seconds.. hmm can't access the latest iteration of what I did. but you'll get the idea.
and as you can see i didn't have access to the same goodlooking concrete texture.

Great work!
If you want the texture just send me a message and I'll send it over to you, I could really use the coding help!

At first I had the home menu and the list item at different angles, but now I've decided to keep it all at 9º
I think Feanor and Watzen should join forces and bring this skin to fruition! The more i look at the skin the more i love it, something fresh and different from all the other skins in development..
Cant beleive you have the main menu up and running already, any chance of a youtube preview when you can?
garvani Wrote:I think Feanor and Watzen should join forces and bring this skin to fruition! The more i look at the skin the more i love it, something fresh and different from all the other skins in development..
Cant beleive you have the main menu up and running already, any chance of a youtube preview when you can?

I'll first try and have some more of the skin designed, now I only have the things I showed here and a skin is so much more!
When the home menu is a little more polished, I'll upload a youtube clip.

And when I have some more designs, I'll contact Watzen to see if his interested in helping!
Yeah true, i got a bit over excited and didn't think of all the other elements that will need to be created Sad. Viewtypes for movies/music/pictures etc, animations/transitions, Context menu's, OSD. ughh, quite a bit of work!! I wish i had some skills and could help you out but unfortunately neither coding nor graphics are among things im good at. Anyways great start on what looks like a killer design. Keep us posted!
Feanor Wrote:The problem with the size of the fields is that I used for the mockups a highly compressed font (kerning-wise), so when I use the same font in XBMC, I have much smaller space... that's why I asked about kerning. I may have to alter the ttf file after all... I was hoping not too Smile
Have you checked out dafont.com. They have tons of free to use fonts. Take a look you might be able to find a good block compressed font. I'm pretty sure I saw many just the other day.
Feanor Wrote:Another thing I couldn't accomplish is to have every item in the wrap list with a different alpha... Mediastream does it by overlaying the background of the menu on top of the list with an alpha applied to it, but that gives you a gradient and I want to have each item individually colored... is that possible?

How about making the diffuse-image with steps instead of a gradient.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Feanor Wrote:Another thing I couldn't accomplish is to have every item in the wrap list with a different alpha... Mediastream does it by overlaying the background of the menu on top of the list with an alpha applied to it, but that gives you a gradient and I want to have each item individually colored... is that possible?

it may be possible if you code the entire menu animations yourself instead of using the predefined wraplist control.

i.e. create separate Container.OnNext and Container.OnPrevious sections and use slide animations for every label control in those groups to get the scrolling done.
add a fade animation to every label control and use a different fade 'levels' on each label control depending on the position in the list.

would be a lot of work, but may get you what you're looking for.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
watzen Wrote:How about making the diffuse-image with steps instead of a gradient.
Yes, I tried that too, but then what you get is that when the item "travels" from one step to the other, you see the hard transition between alphas...
I'll see if I can do what ronie suggested...
You could try a fade animation based on which "slot" you're in in the list.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

how would you go about doing that? several conditional animations on the single item in the <itemlayout>? and what would that condition be?
I mean without doing a custom layout using the coverflow technique, and not having static content.
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
watzen Wrote:how would you go about doing that? several conditional animations on the single item in the <itemlayout>? and what would that condition be?
without doing a custom layout using the coverflow technique...I mean, and not have static content.

what i'm refering to, is indeed the coverflow technique.

i've played with fade in/out animations in the past and they work pretty well in this case.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:what i'm refering to, is indeed the coverflow technique.

i've played with fade in/out animations in the past and they work pretty well in this case.

I was referring to jm's post.
In the coverflow technique, everything works... but with a messy code and sometimes poor mousefunctionality. Smile
jmarshall Wrote:You could try a fade animation based on which "slot" you're in in the list.

That's what I've been looking for, but can't seem to find it... how can I know the position of the item in the list?
You want to know the slot number, not the item number. I was thinking of Container.Position, but it works the wrong way around. As I re-think about it, it's not currently possible, as the listitem doesn't actually know where the list is when it's being rendered. Not sure of a nice way around that one.

You could probably do it if you have a static set of items (i.e. that never change) as you could fade them based on what has focus. Would be kinda icky though!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CONCEPT] Concrete0