Anyone intrested in a VLC Porting Contest?
hey fellas can we setup a contest for to bring vlc http://videolan.org to the xbox we all could donate $ for a prize.
the winner of course should have a fully ported , fully functional vlc with the same upscasle as the ms dash 480, 720 and 1080.
quick question, why?

just curious but what advantaged does video lan have?
dvd menu / navigation support, much better dvd / video quality playback
and can play just about any damn format even broken files.
Sad 
(white_rabbit @ sep. 04 2004,03:39 Wrote:dvd menu / navigation support,   much better dvd / video quality playback
then why not start a donation collection and contest for full dvd-menu/navigation support instead, would that not make more sence?

...you have absolutly no idea how big a task and time-consuming it would be to port the videolan-client code to xbox and xbmc,
...if you would take it that far why not just suggest to port complete xine to a xbmc dll, it's just as big of a task and hard to do.
my point is both are too big to make as one contest, contest would have to be 6-month long and the reward a 6-month salery :p

(white_rabbit @ sep. 04 2004,03:39 Wrote:and can play just about any damn format even broken files.
so can mplayer, however for dvd-playback would suggest creating a new player core/dll just for dvd-video, separate from any contest
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it has been attempted by one of our devs (darkie) however he found out that it would take very much rewrite as it exhouseted all the xbox's mem. i didn't say it's impossible, bet a better bet would be to try to port for example ogle to the xbox as a lib for us to implement in xbmc. or xine is also an nice idea

elupus
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am sure some coul do xine then,
contest or no contest.......
Ich war ja kurz davor die 4,5kg Toblerone heute zu bestellen Big Grin

Gesendet mit meinem HTC Sensation XE
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
It's possible this wins the award for the oldest revived thread ever with what appears to be an accidental post.
Definitly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
mad-max should get the kick in the balls, you two should close it Big Grin
I don't know, but the prospect of a 4.5kg Toblerone candy bar may be just the incentive needed to finally entice someone to port VLC to the Xbox! Smile

Maybe he was asking if xbmc would ever be ported to his 4.5kg Toblerone bar? My German's a little rusty.
Though the results would be tasty, the Toblerone cannot play 1080p without breaking up!
and lock ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone intrested in a VLC Porting Contest?0