• 5(current)
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script)
Justcop Wrote:No still stuck.

Everything appears to work now except that I have no subtitles.

I can click on the dialogue and it says thats subtitle has been downloaded and extracted but they aren't there. The skin doesn't allow me to select any.

Where have they been downloaded to and how do i give the script access to them?

post your log please.

thanks
ezechiel1917 Wrote:very nice script, thanks! any chance for minimeedia skin hack? Smile

I will try... Wink
Amet Wrote:post your log please.

thanks

http://pastebin.com/m736ee66

looked for subtitles for '12 angry men'

Edit: I've worked out the problem, its due to permissions in the shared folder. Would it be possible to have an option to download subtitiles to a local location instead. XBMC then has an option to read from local location.
Justcop Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m736ee66

looked for subtitles for '12 angry men'

Edit: I've worked out the problem, its due to permissions in the shared folder. Would it be possible to have an option to download subtitiles to a local location instead. XBMC then has an option to read from local location.

I have a fix for it ...check your PM
Really great script, exactly what I've been looking for!! Great work!

Some suggestions:
1) As opensubtitles.org is (as already mentioned) a bit slow, and sometimes does not respond to request, maybe you could add reconnect attempts? Like, "Failed to connect, retrying... (1/3)", then "(2/3)", "(3/3)" and then fail?
2) Some kind of language filter would be great. For example, I'm interested in Swedish subtitles (and perhaps English). When I search for subtitles, all kinds of languages are returned, and I have to scroll down the list to find the Swedish subtitles. Would it be possible to have some configuration file where i could write like:

Code:
<languages>
    <language>Swedish</language>
    <language>English</language>
</languages>

And that would make the search return only Swedish and English subtitles. What do you think?
You can have a "subtitle folder" it is in settings->videos->subtitles then just have the script download it there (maybe rename the subtitle according to the movie)
junk Wrote:Really great script, exactly what I've been looking for!! Great work!

Some suggestions:
1) As opensubtitles.org is (as already mentioned) a bit slow, and sometimes does not respond to request, maybe you could add reconnect attempts? Like, "Failed to connect, retrying... (1/3)", then "(2/3)", "(3/3)" and then fail?
2) Some kind of language filter would be great. For example, I'm interested in Swedish subtitles (and perhaps English). When I search for subtitles, all kinds of languages are returned, and I have to scroll down the list to find the Swedish subtitles. Would it be possible to have some configuration file where i could write like:

Code:
<languages>
    <language>Swedish</language>
    <language>English</language>
</languages>

And that would make the search return only Swedish and English subtitles. What do you think?

Hi,

Glad you find the script useful and that you like it.

the problem with opensubtitles website is that it only returns 40 results.
if we search for "all" languages it returns mixed results.
what I am playing around with is
1. Script will check localization of your skin
2. search and download "all" language subs
3. search and download localized language subs
4. merge them

That will work only if you have changed language settings on your skin, and I am not sure how many people use localized skin. I dont Smile, but I would still like to see Serbian and English subtitles only

I wouldn't like to "manually" edit preferred languages, I would like to create some kind of settings menu that you can run from scripts menu and set the options. There is a settings.xml that gets called from plugin settings page, but I am nit sure if that is doable on scripts.

This is still work in progress and any sugestions are welcome.

Zeljko
Amet Wrote:Hi,

Glad you find the script useful and that you like it.

the problem with opensubtitles website is that it only returns 40 results.
if we search for "all" languages it returns mixed results.
what I am playing around with is
1. Script will check localization of your skin
2. search and download "all" language subs
3. search and download localized language subs
4. merge them

That will work only if you have changed language settings on your skin, and I am not sure how many people use localized skin. I dont Smile, but I would still like to see Serbian and English subtitles only

I wouldn't like to "manually" edit preferred languages, I would like to create some kind of settings menu that you can run from scripts menu and set the options. There is a settings.xml that gets called from plugin settings page, but I am nit sure if that is doable on scripts.

This is still work in progress and any sugestions are welcome.

Zeljko

Good idea to use the localization setting from the skin! Will at least work for me as I'm running XBMC localized - don't know how others do though. Perhaps setting in the settings page you mentioned we could have: "Fetch from skin" (Default) or "Specific languages" (user add languages as desired)?

What is the problem with returning only 40 posts? If it is possible to directly search for a specific language on OpenSubtitles.org isn't it possible to search for each desired language and merge them later, kind of what you suggested?

Also, I guess it would be possible to just after the search filter out the search result we want from the full list (perhaps by using a list in python)? Here I can see the problems with max 40 returned posts though... if we get search results for 40 English subs, we wont even see the (in my case) Swedish subs.

(What about my suggestion with connection attempts? Tongue)
junk Wrote:Good idea to use the localization setting from the skin! Will at least work for me as I'm running XBMC localized - don't know how others do though. Perhaps setting in the settings page you mentioned we could have: "Fetch from skin" (Default) or "Specific languages" (user add languages as desired)?

What is the problem with returning only 40 posts? If it is possible to directly search for a specific language on OpenSubtitles.org isn't it possible to search for each desired language and merge them later, kind of what you suggested?

Also, I guess it would be possible to just after the search filter out the search result we want from the full list (perhaps by using a list in python)? Here I can see the problems with max 40 returned posts though... if we get search results for 40 English subs, we wont even see the (in my case) Swedish subs.

(What about my suggestion with connection attempts? Tongue)

OpenSubtitle,org only returns 40 results, you can get 40 more with /offset-40/ option in url, but that doubles the time of search.

Idea is to look for English and "preferred" or just preferred language and merge it together.
we can easily filter the results bt we have to set the language first Smile

If I can't find a way to get the settings page activated I will either use skin localization or a manual entry in settings.xml. not sure that I like the manual entry option Smile

not sure about retry option, every time that i had connection failure, and hat was a lot while doing the script Smile , it was due to the overload on a server.
I think it might be better to reopen the script couple of minutes later.

Cheers
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:OpenSubtitle,org only returns 40 results, you can get 40 more with /offset-40/ option in url, but that doubles the time of search.

Idea is to look for English and "preferred" or just preferred language and merge it together.
we can easily filter the results bt we have to set the language first Smile

If I can't find a way to get the settings page activated I will either use skin localization or a manual entry in settings.xml. not sure that I like the manual entry option Smile

not sure about retry option, every time that i had connection failure, and hat was a lot while doing the script Smile , it was due to the overload on a server.
I think it might be better to reopen the script couple of minutes later.

Cheers
Zeljko

Well, fetching preferred language from skin is good enough for me =) good to know the feature is "in the pipeline"!

It seems the first time I try I always get "Connection failed", and then if I try again directly after it works. Will a Debug Log help?
On Xbox with v1.1 and PM3.HD skin getting error Python script failed: "special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py''

TNX
illiac4 Wrote:On Xbox with v1.1 and PM3.HD skin getting error Python script failed: "special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py''

TNX

I need to see a log file please

Thanks
That's the exact same error I get with MediaStrem Redux Mod 1.1.4

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:That's the exact same error I get with MediaStrem Redux Mod 1.1.4

I have added support for MediaStream_Redux Mod. You have to update to v1.1
Hi, this sounds like a great addition, but for some reason i can't get it to work. I have downloaded the latest version from the SVN repo but the skin hack is not working i guess. My skin folder is completely empty so all I have tried doing is getting the PM3.HD.zip you provided and copying the PM3.HD folder to my skin folder. But doing that completely crashes xbmc. It says

"Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the app's support team for more info."

I'm running XP SP3 with everything running locally if that matters.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script)5