So who has a collection with 100% fanart?
Hola, I'm wondering how much time you guys are willing to invest when it comes to music and movie fanart, album covers, thumbnails, etc. Do you use library mode with all the goofy shizzle and stuff or is it too much work for you to get there?

I myself will have a movie collection with 100% fanart and 100% thumbnails by tomorrow. Some more work today and I'm done. It is very small though, only 65 movies. Nothing to be proud of, really. But still nice. Yay!

When it comes to music, my files are 100% correctly tagged and every single track has an embedded album art. I'm not sure it's worth the time to go the fanart route though as I've got many obscure artists in my library. That would be tons of work.

So what about you guys? Fill me in!
i'm 100% sure you will be collecting fanart for all the artists in your library in no time.
since you took the time (and that must've been a hell of a job) to write your own personal reviews for every album, you're not gonna tell me it's too much work to collect fanart. ;-p

for artist thumbs, the discogs.com scraper seems to do the job pretty well.
artist fanart is a different story, so i guess you'll have to go the same manual route as i did: use google.

it took me about a week to get everything complete, but it's definitely worth the effort. it makes browsing your collection a much more pleasant experience with all those pretty pictures on the screen.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You guys should also check out the newer freebase.com scraper Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
For movies and tv-shows I have 100% coverage of fanart and thumbs etc. For my music collection I have about 99% done, with some old obscure artists that I haven't been able to find decent images for. Like Ronie said, it's just that much more rewarding to browse your media when it's accompanied by nice images. If you use the allmusic scraper thumbs and fanart will be scraped when possible, I don't know about the other music scrapers. Please consider adding any fanart that you create to http://www.htbackdrops.com so that others can benefit as well.
i have 100% thumbs and 100% fanart for all my movies and tv shows alot of which i had to photoshop myself because no artwork was available for them.
its a big time investment but you only have to do it once Smile
and in case you wondered my collection is fairly massive at 1600+ movies, 600 albums and about 50 tv show titles(each of which containing between 1 and 20 seasons) it has taken me roughly 4 months of working on fanart a few hours a day to get it completed and yes i would be more than happy to share what fanart i have but only by request because the amount of time it would take to search through a scraper site such as tmdb and add them one by one would be far more time than im willing to invest in doing it.
I have 2355 Movies. 2355 movies have cover art. 330 do not have fanart. I refuse to use screen shots for fanart so it might be a while before I have 100% fanart. Only thing that really bothers me is not having cover art. It's not added to the library without it. (Ember Media Manager)

Just about 50 TV shows. All with fanart, thumbs, etc.

And I know this sounds ridiculous but I just looked in my Winamp Media Library and have 1795 albums with 23379 tracks. That's only the edited/properly tagged/art found music. Each album has album art (mostly 600x600 albumartdownloader, foobar plugin) and proper tags. (TagScanner)
i got about 3300 psychedelic music albums - most don't have album art or fanart since psy music is not scraped well with xbmc - i've started a manual process of creating artist nfo's and collecting artist and album fanart - it goes very slow Smile
ronie Wrote:i'm 100% sure you will be collecting fanart for all the artists in your library in no time.

Actually, yes. I've just removed my music library and I'm gonna add my albums back one by one, including fanart. Fanart is definitely the way to go! Anyway, I'll add trailers for all my movies first.

(I even have album arts for my own compilations. They're pretty crappy though, haha...)

ronie Wrote:since you took the time (and that must've been a hell of a job) to write your own personal reviews for every album, you're not gonna tell me it's too much work to collect fanart. ;-p

Uhh, yeah. It's only 374 reviews though. About 65 movies, the rest albums. My library is small, but I know my stuff. Smile

Oh, and I'll look into uploading fanart on that htbackdrops site. Yay!
you guys have too small collections ... im willing to share mine if you going to get it 100% right Wink movies shouldnt be that big problem, but with a lot of indipendent and strange artists youll never get 100% Wink
well I got a lots of music album around 6000 and i have started to scan it into xmbc its take alot of my spare time to do this right Smile but when its done it would be nice ...
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
98% of my movies have thumbs and fanart, 100% of my Tv shows have thumbs and fanart.

I've yet to touch my music files. They all nearly have album covers, but there are some bizarre ones that do not and I'm sure finding fanart is not going to be the easiest.
I've been able to get close to 100% on local fanart.jpg for my artists by making a 1920 x 1080 canvas in Photoshop, and adding smaller images to this canvas. Since I am not able to find high resolution images for all the minor/obscure artists, this was to me an acceptable workaround. If you have some basic Photoshop skills, it is easy to get the final HD image to look good. I typically use the clone brush with some transparent effect.

My only struggle for perfection when it comes to my music collection is now to get XBMC to support music singles...
100% of my movies have fanart.

i use XBMC nfoscrape.exe and of course a few more obscure titles didnt have fanart but i used photoshop and found some decent jpg's and edited the nfo's and added fanart manually.

all my albums have albumart, but not an artist thumb.
logictester Wrote:i got about 3300 psychedelic music albums - most don't have album art or fanart since psy music is not scraped well with xbmc - i've started a manual process of creating artist nfo's and collecting artist and album fanart - it goes very slow Smile

do you happen to have an album nfo template as well that you dont mind sharing? I have tried to scrape info for albums and there is not information so i have been downloading text for each album into a word document until i can find a proper nfo template for it.
I do now have 100% movie fanart, 100% movie thumbs and 100% movie trailers. I was also aiming for 100% music fanart and 100% artist thumbs and uploaded my very first backdrop to this site yesterday. I'm not sure it's worth to go on though, because support for music fanart in xbmc seems to be very, very poor. I'm pretty damn discouraged after yesterday and it feels like the xbmc devs don't care that much about music fanart and we have to use silly workarounds, which is sad.

I'm no coder but I'm wondering...is it that hard to scan the folder of the currently playing song for a fanart.jpg and display it? That way, fanart for compilations would work. I don't know anything about coding but I can't imagine it's that hard to implement. I could be wrong though, of course.

Anyway, thanks everyone for working on xbmc. It's a fantastic piece of software! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So who has a collection with 100% fanart?0