[LINUX] Asrock 330 ion - stuttering problem
Ok, I have now done some tests.

1) SVN version:
I am using pre-compiled SVN and I first tested with the SVN from before the build stop. (3 aug?) and then with todays build.
This made no difference to me.
BTW, The stable PPAs is working with VDPAU on my box as well but I did not test that today.

2) CPU usage with killasample.
I must have done something wrong yesterday. It seem to be normal now...(low)

3) "Sync Playback to display".
Makes no diff for me.

4) Framedrops with killasample
VERY strange....
I have lately been running killasample from the favourites list and been unhappy with the increase in drops.
Today I for some reason tried to run from the video menu as well....and the avarage drops is MUCH higher when I run from favourites!!!!
Conclusion: When I run from "video" the drops are back to normal 4-5.

5) NVIDIA version.
I still decided to test v180 and it does seem to work better.
The framedrops is cut by approx 50%
Could be a good idea for you to test that.

6) Comments.
If you have been running with NVIDIA drivers from PPA from a couple of weeks you might want to make sure that you still get VDPAU at all...
I am pretty sure that mine broke in connection of upgrade from 1.6.28-13 => -14.
I thought it was related to a couple of unstable SVN and did not have VDPAU for a couple of days, but it did not start to work until I re-install NVIDIA. (I pretty sure that was it, I also re-installed xbmc)

Howto downgrade from 185 => 180?
*EDIT: If you are usning NVIDIA ppa that is.
Quote:sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-glx-185

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic nvidia-glx-180

sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-logo --force-generate

HW cursor fix
sudo sed -i '40i\ Option "HWCursor" "False"' /etc/X11/xorg.conf

ENABLE 1080p 24Hz
sudo sed -i '50i\ Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"' /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Everybody, thanks for the input.
I've updated to the 190 drivers of Nvidia and also updated to the daily SVN build.

For now there doesn't seem to be any stuttering.
Thanks!!
Thank you very much everybody :-)

I have now updated to the latest SVN build and the XBMC menu are now faster :-D

I have tried both 180 and 190 driver and my 1080p movie has still stuttering problem Undecided So i hope that future updates to XBMC can solve the problem.

EDIT:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo reboot

If I use the above commandoes in the future, then I will get the latest build ?! (I already have imported the GPA key etc.)
I just want to confirm that the guide http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54350 worked for me as well. Now I have no stuttering in 1080p movies Smile
1080p movies work flawlessly for me, however any avi's and iso's I have have terrible jerkiness and audio sync issues.

I'm running the latest SVN builds and NVIDIA 190 drivers.

I've seen some posts regarding setting "Sync Playback to display", but have not seen this option and as yet not had a chance to look for it. EDIT -> Oops... just found option when reading another post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57172

Is anyone else having similar issues with terrible performance watching avi's?
Yess i got the same problem. 1080p. goes smooth, but not .avi
I have an interesting problem 1920x1080 vga connection plays 1080p just fine. However when I use the HDMI eonnection there is small stuttering in 1080p movies. 720p works fine over HDMI. Could this be a driver issue?

Help!

edit: I should add that I'm using version 9.10 I don't know the driver version, how can I tell what drivers I am using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Asrock 330 ion - stuttering problem0