[LINUX] Asrock 330 ion - stuttering problem
Hello everybody Big Grin

I have problem with my Asrock 330 ion. I have installed ubuntu desktop version 9.04 and I have installed the Nvidia driver v. 190. I also had installed XMBC by following this guide http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54705.

I got a very annoying problem. When i play a .mkv file (1080p) it starts to stuttering (some kind of small lags) through the hole movieSad Someone know how to solve this problem?

Hope you understand my english :-P
I think, i had a similar problem.

Quote:4) Install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic nvidia-glx-185

If i recall, it was fixed with:

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic nvidia-glx-180

Let us know how it turns out for you Smile
@ Asure

Thank you for your post :-)

So you say i have to "downgrade" my graphic driver (from 190 to version 180) ?
If yes, could you please tell me how to uninstall the driver (version 190)? (im linux noob :-P )
Try following this guide (skip to step 2) to update xbmc to a more recent version.

cheers
Quote:Try following this guide (skip to step 2) to update xbmc to a more recent version.
I am not sure it will help.
I have noticed a decline in VDPAU performance my self when playing killasample. Higher CPU and less smooth.

I THINK it may have come with the release of the latest version of the 185 driver. I will test the 180 version when I have time.
Same problem over here..
When I look at the logs and information it is constantly playing at 24fps with a maximum of 6 dropped frames over the entire movie. CPU is not more then 15 % so I'm also very interested in a solution.
Hi,

You should try upgrading to xbmc svn and then check "sync audio to video" option in Settings/Videos/Player.

Regards,

Ben.
Thanks for your posts

Im a bit confused, so I think I will wait until vikjon0 had tried the 180 driver :-)
I've also experienced this problem. I have yet to test out downgrading the Nvidia driver, I have however installed from the modified LiveCD here which is upgraded with the new Nvidia ION drivers.

I will do some more testing as well to see if we can figure this one out. Stuttering video on full HD content is not something we can accept =)
@Jumpingmushroom

you have totally right :-P I hope you will find a solution when your testing :-)
I had this stuttering problem with my Zotac Geforce 9300-ITX, and I tried everything (nvidia drivers 180, 185, 190), recompiling xbmc from last svn, and nothing...until I found this message :
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...count=1271

It's just a matter of apt-get in order to have the last svn build...

Regards,

Benoit.
Thanks TReZ42

I want to keep my ubuntu-installation, is that possible if I upgrade to latest SVN ? (Im new to linux)
If yes, how to i upgrade to latest SVN?
zarn Wrote:Thanks TReZ42

I want to keep my ubuntu-installation, is that possible if I upgrade to latest SVN ? (Im new to linux)
If yes, how to i upgrade to latest SVN?

You can follow this guide http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...eding+edge, from step 3 to 5 if you're not using XBMCLive.

Ben.
I got the same box running Ubuntu 9.04 x86 with latest unstable updates and XBMC Dayly SVN build.
Im also using Nvidia 185.18.31 and i have not yet found stuttering when playing 1080p MKV files.
Have you remembered doing a bios upgrade to latest version and setting the GPU memory to 512 MB.
Daily svn here + 180 drivers, and that seems to work fine for me.
185 driver doesnt' seem to detect my nvidia if i check the kernel logs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Asrock 330 ion - stuttering problem0