• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation
solidsatras Wrote:The script worked well.

cheers for the feedback, good to hear it's working without problems for you.

solidsatras Wrote:The first time I startet the script without going to the settings first.
Maybe some kind of logic whether there is a destination folder set or not could be integrated.
If no folder is set the Fanart/Thumbs will be saved under addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/

yup, if no path is configured, the images will be saved in
userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ by default.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Ronie ...
I tried your Script ... All is OK !!!!!

Thousands of thanks !
I can't get the script to work, I've made my xbmc installation allow for control from the system itself on port 8080 and I've changed the settings in the script file to reflect that. Every time I try to launch the script I get a script failed error.

I'm running XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:Unkown
Meshelton Wrote:I can't get the script to work, I've made my xbmc installation allow for control from the system itself on port 8080 and I've changed the settings in the script file to reflect that. Every time I try to launch the script I get a script failed error.

I'm running XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:Unkown

try if you have more luck with this one:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=830...tcount=149
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No problems so far.
I'm running XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:20110710 (no SQL Server)
Maybe try later on other machine with same Git version that does use the server.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ronie Wrote:try if you have more luck with this one:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=830...tcount=149

I have that installed and it seems to work fine but I'm not sure how to get it to work with the aeon mq2 theme random fanart for the movies tab. Any help would be much appreciated
Meshelton Wrote:I have that installed and it seems to work fine but I'm not sure how to get it to work with the aeon mq2 theme random fanart for the movies tab. Any help would be much appreciated

can't help you with that i'm afraid.

maybe someone else knows, either here or in the aeon subforum.
Hey ronie,

Glad to say that the script is working flawlessly here on a mysql setup.

I was wondering, is it possible to add the possibility of saving the file using the movie/tv show name and as jpg.

Cheers,

Zenshi.
Hello Ronie, congratulations for the script. I'll incorporate it in Aeon MQ 3 soon, replacing the Video Fanart Splitter.

I have only one request; You can add an option for Music Videos too?

Best Regards.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MarcosQui Wrote:Hello Ronie, congratulations for the script. I'll incorporate it in Aeon MQ 3 soon, replacing the Video Fanart Splitter.

I have only one request; You can add an option for Music Videos too?

sure, no problem:
script.artworkorganizer-0.0.2.zip
Zenshi Wrote:I was wondering, is it possible to add the possibility of saving the file using the movie/tv show name and as jpg.

just wondering, why would you want that?

using a .jpg extension will not always make sense,
if you've enabled dds compression in xbmc, the files aren't in jpg format.

using movie/tvshow filenames will be tricky as the movie/tvshow name could contain some special characters that are not allowed in filenames.
The file extension really isn't a problem, but the filename is...

I'm developing a php/mysql script that displays the images from your script and, based on the filename (hence the need for the filename), retreive the plot, rating, votes, director, etc on a neat page and enables you to play the movie/tv show directly from the script...
G'day Ronie - Been using Transparency for a long time and started using Video Fanart Splitter Script several weeks ago.

I used to copy TVShow & Movie fanart all manually to a folder and rename them - this script is so much easier.

Two very minor troubles I am having with the script:

1. The fanart for the last TVShow scanned into XBMC database does not get a fanart splitted until a new or a dummy TVShow is scanned in. The last TVShow never has a fanart.

2. All my Movies that are stacked also do not get a fanart splitted - eg: Earthsea-cd1.avi, Earthsea-cd2.avi - both in a single folder called Earthsea.

I couldn't see these problems anywhere so I thought I would mention them.

System: Intel I7 920, 6GB ram, 6x 2tb WD Drives, 1x DVD
XBMC: XBMC v10.1 (Git:UNKNOWN Compiled Mar9 2011)
Transparency: v3.11.7
VidFanArtScript: v0.2.5
ronie Wrote:sure, no problem:
script.artworkorganizer-0.0.2.zip

thank you, will help a lot. Nod
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I came across this script yesterday and I really like it! However I would like to offer a very small modification...

From what I understand, this scripts finds the fanart files and is able to distinguish whether or not it's a movie fanart or TV show fanart. It then copies that original file over to a new directory whether it be a pre defined directory or a custom. This part of the program seems a bit redundant especially if you have a lot of movies and TV shows, this redundancy can eat up some space. A solution I have offered is to simply create a symbolic link between the original file and the new file.

Here is a link to the version of this awesome program that I modified: http://www.mediafire.com/file/40tjwm996t...-0.2.6.zip

I have tested this on XBMC 10.1 on Linux Ubuntu. I have not tested it on any other operating system.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation2