Script to split thumbnails from movies and tv shows into separate folders. I have been running a mysql database for a long time, which required changing the script, but I never got around to posting the changes. The script now relies on the built-in web server to access the database. I've added some other things like settings and some changes that were posted by others onto this thread.
Download and Usage
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/397935/script.vi...-0.2.0.zip Version 0.2.0
- From the Add-Ons manager, chose the install from zip file option, and install the script.
- Make sure the web server is on, under Settings->Network->Services, make sure Allow control of XBMC via HTTP is selected. Leave username and password blank (the script doesn't support either). You can change the port to whatever you want, the script defaults to port 80.
- From the Add-Ons manager or under the Programs section you can configure the script options.
- After launching this script you can define the new folders as the backdrops for your skin. In aeon this is set with the aeon.custommovies setting (for movies) in the guisettings.xml file.
- Options for changing the ip address/host name and port number to connect to are present.
- You can choose between a live progress bar, the old style summary notification, or no notification.
- Copied files are placed by default under userdata/addon_data/script.video-fanart-splitter
- Optionally files can be placed under userdata/thumbnails/Custom
- Finally, you can define a custom folder of your choosing. Samba shares are not supported.
- Win7 (64bit; XBMC 10.1)
- I haven't tested this on a non-mysql XBMC setup. Feedback is welcome.
0.2.0 - 3/26/2011 - Switched to obtaining DB info from xbmc http server. Added settings configuration.
0.1.5 - 2/03/2010 - [by Smenus & CyberXaz] Fixed: jump to next movie if there's a text encoding issue.
0.1.4 - 8/04/2010 - [by Jeroen_JRP] Updated to be compatible with the new addon system
0.1.3 - 8/12/2009 - Changed copy to copyfile to prevent permission issue of python shutil library on xbmc-live
0.1.2 - 8/12/2009 - Added code to create script_data folder if it does not exist
0.1.1 - 8/12/2009 - Deletes the generated script fanart folders on execution. Shows/Movies no longer in database will no longer show up in the generated folders. Added a notification to pop up how many files were processed.
0.1.0 - 8/10/2009 - Initial Release