Frontrow features using USB Drive??
I have a 1TB USB drive connected to my ATV and can access it just fine.
My question is, Is there a way to set my system up so using the Launcher to select music will actually use the content on the USB drive rather than it having to be on the ATV internal HDD? I want to have all the features one would get if my content was on the internal HDD.
I appreciate all help.
Cheers.
I also would love this! I just want simplicity so my family will use it more often. Having to know what drive and where certain media files are located can get complicated for them
mique Wrote:I have a 1TB USB drive connected to my ATV and can access it just fine.
My question is, Is there a way to set my system up so using the Launcher to select music will actually use the content on the USB drive rather than it having to be on the ATV internal HDD? I want to have all the features one would get if my content was on the internal HDD.
I appreciate all help.
Cheers.

I'm not sure I get the question. You can't access your music on your USB drive in XBMC?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry If I was not clear.
I can access all the content on the USB drive through XBMC.
What I want to be able to do is access the Music/Pictures content on the USB HDD through the ATV interface from the Launcher menu and therefore get all the Apple TV features. I would be able to see album art scrolling and to easily navigate content using the launcher menu options under 'my music'
I understand the way it works now is to have you PC turned on and Itunes open and your music/pictures actually on the ATV hard drive for this to work!?

I hope this is clearer?

Thanks.
mique Wrote:Sorry If I was not clear.
I can access all the content on the USB drive through XBMC.
What I want to be able to do is access the Music/Pictures content on the USB HDD through the ATV interface from the Launcher menu and therefore get all the Apple TV features. I would be able to see album art scrolling and to easily navigate content using the launcher menu options under 'my music'
I understand the way it works now is to have you PC turned on and Itunes open and your music/pictures actually on the ATV hard drive for this to work!?

I hope this is clearer?

Thanks.

yeah, thanks for clarification. But think this has pretty much nothing to do with XBMC. Check awkwardtv's wiki and their forums. There should be all the information you need.

cheers,
mdd

*moving to offtopic*

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frontrow features using USB Drive??0