[AppleTV] - aTV requires reboot when it has been idle for extended peroid
So since the last update my AppleTV will lock up when it has been idle for an extended period of time. It will have dimmed the screen like normal, but it isnt responsive to any remote commands. The light on the front of the unit blinks like it normally does when i press a command on the remote. But it wont do anything on the screen. It just sits there dimmed in the last state it was in. To get it working again it requires me to pull the power plug for a total reboot.

Now the unit does not do this when im in Frontrow... just in XBMC. Is there a setting or something that I may have missed?

Thanks
codeblue2k Wrote:Is there a setting or something that I may have missed?

Thanks
Yes... Telling us what versions of Launcher, XBMC and ATV you are running might be helpful. Also what state are the remote control options in? (Not saying that I know the answers, necessarily, but without some pointers, no-one can help. See the sticky - posting about problems in a useful manner - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124 )
S80_UK Wrote:Yes... Telling us what versions of Launcher, XBMC and ATV you are running might be helpful. Also what state are the remote control options in? (Not saying that I know the answers, necessarily, but without some pointers, no-one can help. See the sticky - posting about problems in a useful manner - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124 )

Sorry about that.. I just checked last night and launcher and XBMC are both the latest stable releases. I dont know the version numbers off the top of my head. As far as the remote control options. I have not touched anything in that area. So they are the default settings that come with a initial install.
Mine does the same thing.
codeblue2k, gringoot,

please read the sticky S80_UK posted again, (hint: logs!)
Btw, "Latest" is no version...

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] - aTV requires reboot when it has been idle for extended peroid0