Acer AX1300-U1801A as an HTPC?
Hi all. I have been using XBMC on Xbox 1 for 3 or 4 years and I'm building my first HTPC system. I was in Micro Center yesterday and saw a system that looks like it would be great but I'm not sure. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. It's an acer and the link is here:

http://microcenter.com/single_product_re...id=0312689

# AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 7450
# 3GB DDR2 RAM
# 320GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
# LabelFlash SuperMulti Double Layer DVD±RW Drive
# Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader
# NVIDIA GeForce 8200
# 10/100/1000 Network

Thanks all!
Heh, I just bought this exact model over the weekend at Best Buy to secifically run XBMC Live. It runs great. It isn't very loud, and the 8200 in it supports VPDAU. Only issue is I can't get it to boot via a usb thumbdrive so I just ended up installing xbmc live to the HDD for now.

Form factor is nice too. I'm usually one to build my PCs from the ground up, but with 4 kids now, I don't get a ton of freetime.

Oh, and I should also mention, it is designed to sit upright, but I've put it on its side under the TV and it works fine.
Nice to here that! Very cool that it is working. Did you install the Windows or Linux version? I am going to add an HD TV Tuner and a Blue-ray. It should be able to handle that right?
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer AX1300-U1801A as an HTPC?0