Need some expert help.
i have a problem with my skin. where if i enter movies after starting XBMC they fine no flag problems or letter scrolling info shows and hides properly.

but, if i enter system menus first then go into movies strange things happen. see video below:

Issue #1

and the reverse is also true, where if i go into movies first, then try to go into system menus i get missing options. see blow:

Issue #2

i have zipped up the 720p folder, if someone could take a look, to see what's wrong i have been ripping my hair out, it seems to me something is overriding my visibles. and because i can't display what control has focus i having a really hard time debugging it. i have even rewrote the customise menu part to use lists & buttons, instead of just buttons, and it still happens. it all strange, it's even overriding the letter scrolling display visible. (in include_objext.xml, right at the bottom)
i had almost the exact same problem in Transparency!.
in my case the bug was triggered by bringing up the fullscreen movie info while watching a video.
after doing that and going back to skin settings, the skin settings menu was entirely empty.
also, the background for the settings screen was missing (it was just black).
and when you brought up the context menu on a movie and select 'edit title', the keyboard dialog wouldn't show.
this bug was 100% reproducable and confirmed by multiple users.

all very strange....

at the time Transparency still had support for skin-based media flagging and there were over 200 substring matching rules to display the studio logo.
i removed all of them and the bug was gone.

i'm not sure i we should call this a bug in xbmc, or if all of those substring conditions are just a bit too much for xbmc.

i don't know if you're suffering from the same bug with your skin...
if you can disable media flagging in your skin it might be worth to check if that fixes it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, i think i have found the problem. it is the size of my skin. it must be to dame big.

if i comment out all the window information stuff (that has nothing to do with the thumb or scrolling. it starts working again.

is there a limited on how many lines of code a skin can have. my multiplex file alone has over 11,000 line of code.

i would be willing to help test any betas of XBMC can come up with to help sort this problem.

i have double checked this is the case by going back to the original Auriga skin. the adding CF2009 home mode or Hitchers widget mod which both work. then i replace the original Multiplex file with mine, and boom errors are back (missing thumbs after i go into menus), comment out code for the window pops and some other code the does not have to do with the thumbs etc, and errors are gone.

so it must be to so with the size of my skin.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
i think what we really need right now is an official statement by the devs regarding the boundaries of code lines in a skin. but they maybe even have none, since they never hit them.

jezze_x, what you say?

if that's true and xbmc use some kind of "first in, first out" loading of elements/conditions/includes skin xmls, it would maybe be the issue you've mentioned. on the other hand, if we just reached such a boundary, i guess there has to be more trouble than just dissappearing or a weird acting element of the skin under certain circumstances. it would surely affect more than the above situations.

i kinda like cf2009's answer in your showmix thread - too much stuff to read/hold from includes.xml regardless where you at in the skin can cause troubles for sure.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some expert help.0