Subtitles in ISO files not working
Hi,

Apologies in advance, as I am not able to see log files being generated for this (I know where the log files are - frontrow/Library/Logs/ - but don't see one generated for this).

All my video files are DVD converted through MTR, using the "Title only extraction" Mode.
I have a few animes that I like to watch in Japanese, with English subs (hoping that the title only extraction mode includes corrsponding subs)
Files seem to convert fine, and VLC does show subs
When I view the movies in XBMC (library mode or not), in the OSD, I enable subtitle, and flip through the subtitles available (I either have 1/1 or 1/n, the second number actually changes within the movie, which also seems kinda weird). But the subs don't show up. On some rare videos (also converted through MTR), the subs do show up and are pretty out of synch with what is actually happening in the movie, but although my settings are set to have subs show in white, they're displayed in cyan.

Here's my configuration:
- Version used: XBMC v. 9.04.1 R20677 (Compiled May 26 2009)
- Build: Mediastream v.1.00 (sun 26/04/2009), SVN - R2121
- Architecture: i386
- Install method: ATV-USB-creator + downloaded XBMC version available from Apple TV launcher menu
- Skin used: Mediastream
- Video Resolution: 1080i 16:9

Sample videos that don't work:
- Samurai Champloo (TV show - all discs)
- Appleseed

Any help would be much appreciated.
If there is a site where I can share sample files to better help troubleshoot the issue, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks
do the subtitles work in another player?
Hi,

Apologies in advance, as I am not able to see any log files generated for this issue (I know where the log files are - frontrow/Library/Logs/ - but don't see one generated for this).
The problem I've been having is with subtitles in ISO files.

All my video files are DVD converted through MTR, using the "Title only extraction" Mode
I have a few animes that I like to watch in Japanese, with English subs (hoping that the title only extraction mode includes corrsponding subs)
The videos seem to be converted fine, and VLC does show subs
When I view the movies in XBMC (library mode or not), in the OSD, I enable subtitle, and flip through the subtitles available (I either have 1/1 or 1/n, the second number actually changes within the movie, which also seems kinda weird). But the subs don't show up. On some rare videos (also converted through MTR), the subs do show up and are pretty out of synch with what is actually happening in the movie, but although my settings are set to have subs show in white, they're displayed in cyan.

The configuration I've been using
- Version used: XBMC v. 9.04.1 R20677 (Compiled May 26 2009)
- Build: Mediastream v.1.00 (sun 26/04/2009), SVN - R2121
- Architecture: i386
- Install method: ATV-USB-creator + downloaded XBMC version available from Apple TV launcher menu
- Skin used: Mediastream
- Video Resolution: 1080i 16:9

Sample movies that don't work:
- Samurai Champloo (TV show - all discs)
- Appleseed

Any help would be much appreciated.
If there is a site where I can share sample files to better help troubleshoot the issue, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks
please do NOT double post threads for the same issue!
Sorry, when I searched for it after the first post, I couldn't find it.
Yes, the subs work fine in VLC
Please do NOT flag a post unless there's good reason to. That is VERY bad form, this is your first and only warning.

TheUni
Please search some and read up.

How to submit a proper bug report!
I'm sorry. I am a bit confused as to who the responses are directed to.

theuni, was this a response to me? I don't know if I flagged anything.
blittan, as mentioned in my post, I cannot find the log files for this, since it appears these events are not being logged (the player is not crashing per se).
if you could give a bit more direction as to what information you're missing, that could help the reporter.
make a Debug Log when playing the file and post it on pastebin.com and add the link in a post. this will help us with details.
a little bit more kindness towards a genuine 'apology', question and seeking for help would be in order.

I don't like this attitude at all. It is the kind of thing that scares people that don't have the dev skills, but do want to use/try/advocate in any way they can. Is a dev skill required, is a 100% nerd skill required? Simply guide the man, and please understadn that not all of us aere on forums, IRC etc all day long.

How can I tell my 10 year nephew to give XBMC a try and seek help on the forums. He would simply follow the excellent instructions to get it going, and will be scared by the tone of voice afterwards..

Sure, rant me for posting this
Blittan, I repeat, "as mentioned in my post, I cannot find the log files for this, since it appears these events are not being logged (the player is not crashing per se)."

Also, "if there is a site where I can share sample files to better help troubleshoot the issue, I'd be happy to do so."

In the past, I received great support from this forum, especially from the XBMC crew, but I must admit taht in this case, I'm not really sure that my original post was even read (good thing it was posted twice, hehe).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles in ISO files not working0